[BUG LOGGED] Excessive LOD pop-in after SU5

I have my LOD’s at 200 in Ultra settings and im still getting pop-in. More on buildings that vegetation.

It would be great if you could cover this behavior on your channel and help get the word out.

Thanks for your great contributions to the community.

2 Likes

you have been xboxed

5 Likes

I think they could add fine tuning settings to the simulator, and let users set the LOD loading distance… I remember fsx and prepar 3d have this option and it worked very well

2 Likes

Ehm, there is a setting controlling LOD in the graphics menue? What people talk about here is increasing LOD beyond this setting, this was already in FSX/P3D days only possible via .cfg modifications…

1 Like

This just looks terrible. Flying from JFK to Manhattan. The skyline is not visible and pops in as you approach the island. That was so much better in update 4.

11 Likes

hello

after SU5 for PC version , scenery Pop in like crazy very close to the aircraft and lod distance is too short ,also texture resolution beyond 20nm almost is very low and bland ,turning my head in VR is horrible since i see scenery loading everywhere

please return Graphics to pre SU5 quality or at least give an option to do so

1 Like

this absolutely needs to be a slider. the pop ins, stutters and lod (maybe for the culling) is awful.

4 Likes

I’m running High/medium on I5 10400 with RTX 2060. I’m finding occasional stutter where scenery is trying to render over a large distance (so when I gain altitude it gets worse). I’m also finding that the render distance is too short. I want to see Manhattan from JFK!!! Finally getting many crashes to desktop. Even having deleted community content.

2 Likes

Am still giving myself false hope that its the servers issue not the coding

2 Likes

Pop-ins for me as well, like the thread starter described.

1 Like

Pop-ins everywhere for me as well and low resolution Terrain-Textures. (I am not in VR)

Please vote here so we can consolidate the number of votes: Slider to adjust/disable the scenery culling (reduce panning pop-in and stutters)

1 Like

Literally stopped playing because it’s so jarring, it’s gone from the best looking pc games ever made to having the same graphical issues you’d expect from a console game.

Hugely disappointing downgrade. All these graphical downgrades since the alpha should be optional for PC users via settings/sliders.

I buy a top end PC to play the game in all its glory and instead they just downgrade the graphics gradually, may as well have just kept my old PC.

Big meh to this update, not cool at all

14 Likes

Increasing LOD does not remove or have any effect on the culling which is causing this pop in.

2 Likes

You might think to one dimensional here. Of course, the LOD setting has no effect on culling per se, but it could easily be that the higher the LOD setting, the higher the load on your CPU and as a result, it can’t cope anymore with loading and unloading those objects while panning around fast. At least this is what I observed, with LOD 200, the culling is there, but the objects are loaded so fast that it is hardly noticable, and with LOD 400, the loading takes just a notch longer, but so much longer that it gets way more noticable. I guess, with LOD 900 as some suggest here, my poor 8700K would take almost one second to load in the objects, making the culling ultra visible.

I still have to test this further, but at least on my rig there seems to be a sweetspot around LOD 200, where culling is minimal visible and draw distance is somehow ok now. I am pretty sure that people with more recent and more powerful CPU can easily run LOD 400 or even higher, my 8700K seems not to like it :wink:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Totally agree

Wow that really shows how much the draw distance has been shortened.

the pop in is exactly what i got as well on an above average gaming system. Before the update i could do 1440p pretty much always above 40 FPS no issues whatsoever with pop in and draw distance.

1 Like

I have been trying to find where to change the LOD in the cfg file. Cant find it. Anyone know?

Doesn’t work, even the furthest you push it out, its still nowhere near as good as a day before SU5

3 Likes

AHH ok thanks very much. :slight_smile: