Excluding custom objects "how to"

Is it currently possible to exclude specific objects from a custom dev or placed by Asobo?

Working on improving some scenery in a city and in that given city there are custom 3D objects placed by Asobo and by other 3rd party devs.

Some of the objects are of either low quality, lacking or down right faulty.

I would like to replace these objects with my own improved custom ones, but so far have been unsuccessful in excluding them.

I know I could removed the objects the hard way by deleting them from the folders, which would solve the issue for myself alone, but I would like this scenery package to work for everyone downloading it from fs.to and to be compatible with other freeware and payware scenery options on the market.

Hope to find a way to exclude, and thx for your answers in advance.

Not possible as far as I can tell. Any item placed is an integral part of the mod’s code and there’s no way of editing that yourself.

Of course You can exclude someone else objects

Place an exclusion rectangle object
Select exlcude library objects
Save
Compile/export your scenery
Place in community

The bold steps are mandatory, the exclusionrectanglw works only when compiled and places in community

As long as your scenery Is loaded After the ones you want to exclude, the objects (library objects) of that scenery Will be excluded
Loading order should comes from the Content.xml file order

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your concise and helpful post @mamuDesign, it really helped me to exclude some CPU-hogging 3rd party grass at a Hawaiian airfield (a little grass caused a massive frame-rate drop; my fps dropped from 85 to 25).

I am posting here to thank you for your help, and also in the hope that it helps others to modify sceneries using exclusion rectangles - particularly to exclude 3rd party or native (Asobo) objects which can increase CPU load and decrease the frame-rate.

Also, if you are who I think you are, then I want to thank you for your informative YouTube tutorials to create MSFS sceneries - you clearly explained how to set up the SDK, and how to create airports and scenery projects. I have just recently created two Hawaiian airfields which I intend to release soon.

3 Likes

Thanks so much!
I’m really happy to see people solving their issue with my Little help :star_struck:
Yep, i run a small YT Channel with my tips about scenery design,
If anyone Is interested this Is the latest video

4 Likes

Until I watched your YouTube videos, scenery design with the MSFS SDK was a dark art. Now I actually really enjoy it; I spend almost as much time creating sceneries as I do flying! I will share the links to my Hawai’i sceneries when I upload them.

1 Like