Exhausted

I love MSFS2020 but I am exhausted have to watch all the YouTube videos explaining how to get my Sim back to the way I had it. Thank God for the YouTube videos that everyone put out helping us dumb smucks. I love and hate the updates that come out. It’s just so exhausting have to go back in and change everything back evertime something new is added. . Is it ever going to end? I just want to enjoy flying. Sorry I just needed to vent.

57 Likes

Don’t beat yourself down. We all are learning.:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I get it. I feel the same way. I rarely enjoy flying anymore because of the burden of ‘re-syncing’ all my settings/controls/files every time I want to experience the ‘simulation’ of being a pilot like I was once before.

It’s a shame really. I hope this gets sorted out someday.

15 Likes

What gets me is the range of different experiences we all have after updates. In my case, hardly have any problems. If I was in your situation I don’t think my wife could put up with all the ranting and raving from me! After add-ons, what’s left - it must be the very wide range of different hardware and software we all have. Even Asobo in the last Q&A referred to this and said they are widening further the range of stuff they will be using and testing on. It might also be to do with how deep into aircraft systems people go? In my case, not too deep at all. But does IT need to be this messy? I almost feel guilty that I am so hassle free and enjoying it so much. I really do feel for all of you having major/significant issues/bugs all the time. Sorry cannot help at all. Cheers.

8 Likes

This is like my problem with the sim in its current state; every time I get the itch to fly again, wait while an update downloads/installs, reconfigure settings, reconfigure controls…

And find out half the stuff you wanted fixed is still broken, something that used to work is now broken, and something new is breaking something else.

I just want to pick up the game and fly.

18 Likes

That’s a really nice response, and I get what you are saying. I’ve had some great updates in the past that gave me wonderful flying experiences compared to others having significant problems. That said, I’ve also had the opposite. And this time is one of the worst for me personally.

It’s too bad, really, that we have to spend so much time dealing with issues we don’t care about or must, only to find ourselves troubleshooting for hours the issues the developers knew about already before a release, perhaps to no satisfactory end.

I don’t get the approach the dev team is taking at this point. And it’s frustrating beyond words.

8 Likes

Updates are what make this SIM so bad. Asobo please fix the mess like TrackIR and leave the SIM alone. Get guys like Working Title to do the real work.
We just want to play this SIM, and you do so much against it with every update.

17 Likes

Yes! That’s how I feel exactly. I just want to pick up the game and fly! But I rarely have that experience, sadly. And more often than not, I don’t know why.

That’s when I usually take an extended break from the game itself and just read the forums for answers, which are sometimes helpful (after reading many hundreds/thousands of posts) only to find the solution too complicated to entertain and I end up not flying again until the next update.

This has happened so many times now that I spend more time reading posts than flying, which says something about the quality of the deliverables the SU’s/WU’s have offered to date.

15 Likes

I agree with the Working Title sentiment. They have been one of the greatest contributors to this product, hands down.

1 Like

These are not minor iterative changes but it seems its a rewrite every release which is just indicative of a half cooked product rushed to market. I wish they would open up the beta testing to the public rather than this closed NDA controlled group as this new mess is the result of that! I was hoping the constant fiddling and around and tweeking we used to do in FSX and P3D was not going to happen again but it’s happening again!

7 Likes

I believe you are right. And as a consumer of this product, the constant iterations are too much at this point. Why should we have to put up with so many revisions that result in some of us confused and grounded by an update? The prioritized deadlines are not nice to those of us trying to enjoy the experience of flying a plane, like the product intended, I believe.

10 Likes

Don’t get me wrong as this sim is just a dream "coming " true but I would prefer stable les frequent releases as it just wastes so much time and I’d rather be simming than reading forums and fixing!

6 Likes

I share the frustration of so many on here. MS Asobo created something really special last year. And in my opinion, since July and SU5 they have steadily been dismantling all their good work. It’s very saddening. I really think they should focus on fixing items that haven’t worked since release and items that updates have broken since. Only then do I think they should carefully introduce new content. The current approach I think is ultimately unworkable and every update (SU6 excepted) is losing the confidence of more and more customers. I personally, rightly or wrongly, have decided not to invest any more of my cash in this project while the push-new-content approach is adopted ahead of a fix-existing-content approach.

18 Likes

I feel your pain this thing gets me mad from all of the 17 hour updates when I sit down to fly bang there is another one… So I go and fly X Plane… It gets me how slow the updates are when my PS 4 and 5 download 35 gigs in 45 min and this thing takes 17 hours…

I won’t be investing any more of my cash either. That’s a decision I made a long while ago as soon as I saw the trends (around SU3 or so). I don’t blame Asobo for that as much as I do Microsoft, but I really don’t care who is to blame either way, or both. I just want the product to work. And thus far it rarely has, completely.

That aside - I simply wish I didn’t have to ‘recover’ from every update, as the OP mentions. At this point, Microsoft/Asobo is/are asking way too much from its customers, period.

9 Likes

i think the game is a disaster almost for the casual player.
for myself, i dont have these issues, i do spot the new bugs tho.
too many updates, quarterly ones would be more than enough.

FS2020 is the only game I get a sense of impending doom everything there’s a sim update because invariably something breaks.

17 Likes

Poor 3rd party developers. If it is a nightmare for us, imagine for them.

8 Likes

That’s a good point. We’re out only the money spent on the software. They have a much larger opportunity cost than we do.

1 Like

Even Xbox players where everyone has that same hardware has 1 or 100 problems with SU7. Right now I can’t play it anymore, but people on the facebook group said that they havent any issues. Amazing!

2 Likes