Exit runway ASAP!

no thanks.
I come on here for fun not to be regulated to death like at work.

8 Likes

You can just land and go through them, it’s really not a big deal.

2 Likes

Yeah that was the kinda point I was making by going to the ridiculous. Other posts have good suggestions like turning off multiplayer or forming a private group.

ATC also happily clears you onto a runway with traffic on final…

As a ‘new’, ‘causal gamer’ I am guilty of spawning on the runway. This is so I can get up and start flying faster. I have had problems at larger airports ie. Manchester EGCC just finding the taxiway to get to the runway.

1 Like

This is an amazing idea. Reputation points and reputation slider so you can decide if you want to see players with only the highest reputation (e.g., 90% +) or lower as well. This would allow everyone to adjust their preference and tolerance threshold.

The problem is, that there are so many bugs and features missing that I think we can start proposing this a year from now at the earliest.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen with AI traffic as well. Landed and just parked in the middle of the runway, took forever to get onto a taxiway.

I landed anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its called VATSIm

2 Likes

My solution, I just turn off multiplayer. I’ve seen the chaos at some airports, and I go, no thanks.

1 Like

What you need is Flight Simulator FAA Supreme Extra Deluxe Edition… Only 199.99 more and updates daily.

To be honest, if I’m simulating things ‘properly’, I turn off multiplayer & live traffic completely. Both items effectively inject aircraft that are completely uncontrollable by the core simulator.

I’ll take an accurately created AI traffic packages like previous FS versions any day for this type of flying. Alternatively, PilotsEdge or VATSIM.

Multiplayer definitely has it’s fun moments, but understand when to use it and when not to.

2 Likes

you mean like this person, sitting on the runway with engines off? :slight_smile:
just took this screenshot from a few minutes ago. this is at LGA, a somewhat busy airport, lol.

1 Like

On the other hand you just got clearance for takeoff and while you are lining up some buffoon in a NORDO Citation hammers past your left wing onto the runway and takes off in front of you.
Well, MSFS2020 with its partially functioning aircraft and IAPs but beautiful graphics is attractive for a certain type of “Battle Royale” gamers. We have no choice but to get along with them. They will leave when Ubisoft´s “OMC Valhalla - Grand England Tour” releases.

1 Like

Don’t let bitter people make you feel guilty.

In fact, most of the so called “serious simmers” started out like you.

While I also consider myself a more serious simmer, the elitism going on in this niche of gaming is through the roof. If aviation is really for you, there might come a time, when you really want to dig deep into aeronautic theory and learn all there is to learn, because it can be fun and addicting in its own right.

But until then, have fun doing it casual and trying what you can not do in a real plane. I wish people that have all the knowledge would be more willing to share and educate.

11 Likes

Can I ask you a serious question Mike? Why do we need to be so grumpy and elitist?

Having all those players in the sim is great news for everyone, because you know that some of them will stick around and become more serious about this hobby or real aviation for that matter. The sales figures for FS2020 are great, so there is a lot of potential for 3rd party devs to make more bank with even better add-ons.

Not if grumpy people call them out for goofing around, thats for sure. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They should rename the “LIVE PLAYERS” option to something like “DIE HARD SIMMERS” or “HARDCORE SIMMER” especially for those who want this experience and want to feel special :grin:.

“ALL PLAYERS” option with live time/weather can than be used for those who don’t care.

1 Like

I believe there’s also a bug with how you spawn in at a gate occasionally. Instead of being directly on the center line, my plane is parked like someone who attempted to use up two parking spaces. There’s also a problem when how the game doesn’t seem to correctly detect what type of plane you are when ATC sends you to a parking spot. If I’m an airliner, why am I being sent to a parking stand when I need to go to a gate?

Workaround for the last one is to not ask ground for directions to park, as I noticed a navigation bubble for an empty gate appears just after landing.

Well, can’t really say that. The past few times I’ve disregarded the “go around” ATC direct, ATC then chastises you for landing without clearance. Perhaps internally the system keep metrics, and counts something like this as “bad faith in multiplayer”, and then later they decide to segregate people and put all the “bad faith” players together.

You wouldn’t really deserve that, right?

My suggestion to Asobo would be to make the system make them invisible if either stopped on the runway, or they have missed a turn off, or they are under 10kts.

Let them be but have ATC not instruct go arounds because of them, etc.

ATC ignores people in multiplayer for me. It only accounts for AI traffic. When did it start making your go around for multiplayer players?

1 Like

For a moment i thought this was a post addressing the issue that the AI traffic overshoots taxiways and will reverse back into it rather than carrying on causing a pattern of land, go around, Land, go around, land, go around. noticed this when landing at dublin airport the other day! or more accurately noticed this when going around dublin airport haha!