Experiencing several random CTD’s

Today I wanted to “see” what happens when a CTD happens; i noticed that these are always the error codes in the windows application log.
It shouldn’t be difficult for a developer to interpret and provide a solution.

Name of the application that generated the error: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5fda32ba
Name of module that generated the error: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset 0x000000000043ca7a
Process ID that generated the error: 0xba4
Start time of the application that generated the error: 0x01d6eb14bd2cbf53
Path of the application that generated the error: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Path to the module that generated the error: C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 85450c8d-6c41-447f-8155-22fbfaf92871
Full name of the package that generated the error: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Thanks

I forgot to write that sometimes CTD’s and reported error happends during approach phase of the flight.
I fly with Cessna Longitude without mods.
Bye

I get CTDs when attempting to program a flight plan on the Longitude. Haven’t figured out a relationship yet but always seems to happen after a flight and I’m reprogramming another. But only sometimes and it’s a “stock” plane, no mods. Have you experienced this?

Hi @GBRsaysPianoman sure but often with Longitude G3000 mod during flightplan modification: it seems that if I push a wrong button for mistake the sim crashes also I decided to use the stock G3000.
As described latest CTD’S happens during approach phase without any action by me with plane drived by autopilot.
Actually I do one hour or one hour an a half flights and is very frustrating that this happens randomly at approach or on final…bah

@PilotaX57 Yes, VERY frustrating in that instance. Sorry to hear that. There are a number of odd bugs I just can’t figure out. Not necessarily CTDs tho…

1. Ice ALWAYS builds up on the second flight on a A320 (both stock and FBW). Obviously all de-ice buttons are pressed. Doesn’t seem to affect flight though.

2. after landing from a flight plane, reprogramming a flight on the MCDU (A320), getting Clearance, Taxi and Take-Off permissions, once in the air ATC Clears me for the previous Flight landing runway which is, of course, the airport I just took off from. I have to “Cancel Landing Intentions” then Try Clearance with previous Flight Plan again to restart the IFR plan. Still working on discovering a relationship.

3. Sometimes the Beech craft 350i will just go dead Avionics/Battery after 5-7min. Props are still going and generators are still on. Happens about 1 in 5 flights. Haven’t figured out a relationship yet.

Don’t mean to hijack thread. However, after initial random CTDs after the previous update, besides the Longitude G3000 issue, I had zero CTDs. About 2 weeks later, I followed Asobo’s recommended procedures for CTDs and still none. Started adding back FBW, liveries, Traffic, Live weather with no issues so far. :pray:

@GBRsaysPianoman understood.
It seems like the problems that also Orwille & Wilbur Wright they have had in the 1903 during first Flyer flights.
But we have patience.

2 Likes

The update Jan 9 of DA62X of MrTommymxr is the only mod I have in community that produces me CTD, since 15/1/21. If I remove from community I don´t have CTD.

2 Likes

Ok, I will try by removing DA62NX mod.
Thanks

please stay at the topic of the thread … thanks…

If you have other issues than the OP reported, open one (ore more) new thread(s) so that we can analyse it ( if not already thread about exist ).

please use forums search function related to the exception code , which will give you more informations “why your assumption is false”.
And before we try to blame the developers:

Additional you got already the solution from the community ( in special @cromsan ).

Strange is also that you former wrote:

2 Likes

had my first CTD after a month now only after installing the Gatwick airport mod.

1 Like

one mod for the “issued” list :joy:

1 Like

lol - trying the flight again. Quite odd, that CTD, would never have expected that one out of the blue. It can’t be the Gatwick mod as I’ve not heard anybody complain about that.

possible it was a coincidence. Allways check the windows event log… in case somewhat about “grammar…” is logged, it is high chance an issue in map which cause the CTD ( then it should occurs allways at same position ).

yes, it seems you are correct. however, only happens when I pressed Shift+P

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000101faac
Faulting process ID: 0x4090
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f0de2f5b207b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: fd142d1b-aa65-43e8-aea2-d3a0d7fa6206
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

oh no… a “normal” CTD… while push back ?

I remember me… let me… ah here:

and think… somewhere other I seen that… e.g. in big CTD thread

So…it can be that there is in some situations … a ZenDesk Ticket necessery :joy:

1 Like

Just uninstalled Gatwick - no more CTD’s. It didn’t matter which space I was parked at, it just crashed. Maybe it’s because that version is a Beta… Might install the stable version of it instead.

1 Like

Hello,

Greetings, do you still experiencing the random CTD after you turn off the live traffic?

I am currently experiencing this problem. My PC is a new PC barely a month old. My PC spec:

Asus ROG RTX 2080 Super (driver 461.40)
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (WI-FI) (BIOS Version 2005)
Intel® Core™ i9-10900KF Processor 20M Cache, up to 5.30 GHz (stock)
Corsair VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 4266MHz (stock)
Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler
Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB (Windows 10 64 Bit)
Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB (MSFS 2020 install here)

I have no issues running RDR2, Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Duty, Hitman 3. Only this sim.

Since I purchased this sim from steam, when I validating the file, it will download the whole game back again (all 108GiB). So I am baffles what causing this sim to CTD.

3rd party add-on I am currently using is just the FSUIPC7 (for the B787 tiller steering assignment)

So can you tell me by disabling the Live traffic will this solve the CTD? Yesterday it happens 5 times. After fresh install only 1 CTD after 12 hours of flight.

Appreciate all the help that I can get.

Oh graphics setting in the game is set to “HIGH-END”.

Thank in advance or any advise/help.

Please do have patience, although it’s difficult to, and try the following steps to resolve the CTD’s:
-turn off live traffic. if this doesn’t work, also turn off AI traffic and multiplayer. I only ever flew with live traffic so I’m unsure as to whether they will fix the CTD, but try that first, as it worked for several people including myself.
-If this doesn’t work, rollback your Nvidia drivers. (might have to go to 457.30)
-Lastly if that doesn’t work, remove all mods and try the sim without them.
-Also search the forums for more solutions.
Hope this helps! :airplane:

2 Likes

I am now have turn off all the three features you mention above. Live traffic, AI traffic and multiplayer.

Let me plot back my course from Bali to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. (last route I flew just now before CTD just 300KM from arrival).

I will update for any finding. Thanks :slight_smile:

Update:
No CTD yesterday.

Plot a longer course now WMKK to YSSY. Flight should take about 8 to 10 hours real time.

I notice that sim is much more stable with all three features turn-off.

1 Like