Extremely low CPU usage and FPS outside training missions?

Here’s my spec again:
CPU: Ryzen 3900X
GPU: RTX 3090
RAM: 64G @3200Mhz
Game installed on Samsung 970 EVO SSD

I noticed that in training missions I get a smooth 70FPS+ performance even on 4k 100% Ultra settings, but outside the training missions I get a 12-13 FPS under whatever the configuration is. The CPU usage is below 14%, and the GPU usage is below 25% at all times.

However, whenever I pause the game the framerate rises back to 60FPS on Ultra with no pressure, the GPU usage reaches 80%+, and everything seems fine.

Tried disabling AI traffic and streaming, etc. Nothing worked. I’m scratching my head now wondering what’s causing this CPU bottleneck.

1 Like

Try DDU’ing the driver and reinstalling if you upgraded from another GPU or kept your windows build

Try this Seagull model causes massive FPS drop when loaded (and temp fix)

(at your own risk, I only tested it for 30 minutes or so)

But I had exactly the same low % utilization you describe.

After some benchmarks and tryouts, I can finally conclude that it’s the LOD (level of detail) that is causing this bad performance.

Tuning down LOD significantly increased the performance.

I have the exact same problem. Same specs except 3080 instead of 3090. But I don’t get why the cpu usage is so low. Even if you look at the single cores, The highest utilization I get is usually 60-80%. So it cant be the single core performance. Other games which rely on single core performance use up top 100%, so the problem is not my PC.

1 Like