F-16 by SC Design

exactly, this is very strange and only on nav lights and only on this plane

No itā€™s been slimmed and also smoothed to a curve to match the real F-16.

4 Likes

Well, Iā€™ve gone back to the previous build because the autopilot is now unusable for me. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s because the new system is incompatible with my Logitech autopilot panel I bought recently which works fine with all the other aircraft Iā€™ve been flying recently.

Weā€™re going to release another update, and Iā€™m tweaking the autopilot so you can use it seamlessly with your panel.

4 Likes

Jack, while you are tweaking the AP, thought I would mention the following:

• The DED AP switch does not engage/disengage the AP, it returns to Off after setting it to On.
  • The left side HDG HOLD lever syncs the heading bug to current but does not set HDG HOLD=On
  • The DED HDG HOLD button sets heading hold but does not sync the bug to current

Iā€™m not sure if meant to be this way or not,

Yeah, is exactly what i have detected.

What happens is that the one that dominates is the 3-state switch on the front left (AP + ALT HOLD) (OFF) (AP + PITCH). What I am tweaking is for the DED to overwrite the state of this switch. Likewise, you will be able to bind the events again,
So you donā€™t get kidnapped.

2 Likes

I appreciate you guys!

3 Likes

Do i need to enable somethings in the settings to enable the HDM like in the video? Turning up the brightness doesnt work for me.

You need to be in the SU10 beta to do so.

The HMD settings are only decluter and autobrightness, it is really the wheel that regulates the intensity.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast replies. Cant wait for the coming updates, you guys are amazing. This is my favorite plane in MSFS for months now

Edit: I was wondering if there is or is coming a setting to turn of the warning sounds like ā€œstallā€ or ā€œaltitudeā€. because while doing some maneuvers it gets a bit annoying :smiley:

3 Likes

I am not really sure if i can report it here or if there is a specific place to report this. I noticed while doing loopings, that there is some kind of speed bug. I am not sure if this was already reported, is known, or cant be fixed by you guys. This only happens for me if i got auto-throttle enabled. Had this in 0.5.0 and 0.6.0. Currently playing the latest release of MSFS.
Happens mostly with the FLCS FBW off.
Here is a video about this issue

1 Like

It is a game core bug which I already detected and reported to Asobo and that will be solved in SU11: basically the plane accelerates when closed maneuvers are performed that exceed a certain number of Gā€™s at higher speeds, so the plane tends to accelerate due to the increased lift force even if you are idling.

"Further investigations showed that the high G buffeting issue I mentioned was only a component of the problem.
There is an hardcoded acceleration limit supposed to prevent the FM from computing aberrant acceleration (this comes from FSX). This limitation occurs if the plane flies at high G with a high AOA and was done in a way that can cause the vector to change direction and end up with a forward component.
The limitation kicks in at 7G but becomes noticeable only above 10G in our tests.
Probably not an issue with the legacy FM and not something we encountered developing FBW aircraft on the new FM.

We have addressed the problem by raising the G limit and changing the way itā€™s computed in a way that wonā€™t change the vector direction anymore. The fix will come with SU11."

The problem is more noticeable in this video.

If you look at mine, I put the plane through even 60Gā€™s. Not only can I not make a sustained turn but it speeds up. With FBW activated it will not happen to you since you are limiting the G to a maximum of 9.

Not only will this problem be solved, but less G will be computed than what the simulator now calculates since there will be no such acceleration.

5 Likes

Jack,
Just to let you know I really appreciate all the work you guys put in keeping your planes up to date and working after the various updates.

4 Likes

Improved dynamic range in the AB sound effect from external view perhaps? It crackles when you engage full AB.

This is occasionally reported but I have never heard it and most users donā€™t either. I donā€™t think itā€™s the sound pack causing it.

any chance to get the update this weekend ?

According to Dean he sent the update live to justflight. We have been testing it during the morning, Flir, Camera vision, autopilot, new HUD glass, among other things :wink:

4 Likes

Just had an email from JustFlight, update is available now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thatā€™s looking cool but not so:)
https://duotechservices.com/10-types-of-data-displayed-on-the-f-16-hud

This has already been covered - the HUD data is being rebuilt to be more accurate, but it will take time. Vertical tapes and other stuff will return later on.

4 Likes