F-16 by SC Design

Yeah I have fingers crossed too. There are about a bunch of other planes pending updates in the store too. If they all get through, today will be a big day.

1 Like

Update available now

@DEAN01973 smoke still not working on Xbox I have uninstalled and reinstalled the F16 and restarted the sim

:grin::+1:

5 Likes

Took the updated F-16 for a quick flight. Feels a lot smoother now. Definitely love the new livery. Its amazing how a livery can put new life into an aircraft. As others have stated, the smoke is still broken unfortunately. & I don’t know if others have noticed, but when rolling left or right, the rear elevators act a little twitchy or stuttery for me. I don’t know if its an issue related to my HOTAS One or not, but its not something that I’ve had happen on other aircraft.

4 Likes

Definitely a major upgrade for the F-16. The cold start procedure is now different because switches inside the cockpit have been relocated. The MAIN POWER switch is OFF and won’t flip when I click it. As a result, cold start remains offline for me.

I hope to see someone make a cold start video on YouTube and link it here for us.

You need to hide the throttle quadrant.

2 Likes

It’s FBW preventing you to exceed Max roll rate.

1 Like

Yes, after hiding the throttle quadrant, the MAIN POWER switch won’t flip over or turn ON when I click on it. I’m on the Xbox

@DEAN01973 Nice update and beautiful new liveries especially the venom one also nice to see the pink tint removed from the canopy :+1:

2 Likes

sure you can’t? currently it is a 3-position switch, the highest position being the one that would include the GPU in the process. Is it possible that you have to uninstall and install the plane again just in case? It should work

1 Like

I was able to do it just now. Xbox with mouse .

Came here because I was confused,

Thank you for this
On the Controller, holding A down and moving the right joystick :joystick: at the same time is going to turn on the Main power. I was under the impression that it was a one click switch.

The new livery looks good. The jet is now quiet
in cockpit view mode even with the afterburners ON.

Good job Dean and Scott.

3 Likes

Hi Jack.any possibility with the next update to code the HMD to 0 value when the master battery is turned off? The HMD is still active after shutting down.

The truth is that I had not even noticed that.
The HMD is very native as you have seen. I think it could be done, it is a local variable that controls this precisely.

I noticed it becauseI used the camera move to leave the cockpit. I can’t remember if the F/A 18 automatically turns it off on shutdown. I’ll have to test it out.

This is something to do with the sim itself, as far as I can tell - the smoke is working fine here and for all testers so it’s almost impossible for us to troubleshoot as whatever is blocking it happens only after we have sent it out to stores.

1 Like

Cold start should work fine if you follow the Check list.
If it doesnt start just check that switches weren’t already in the on position ie HUD power

1 Like

How do i now change from Gps nav to VOR?
It said Btn 10 but its not working am i missing the obvious?

Ah its ok i found it lil toggle switch in audio bank, below hide throttle :man_facepalming:

Had couple hours this morning waking up the Welsh.
Another job well done guys.

If your ever in East Anglia i owe you a pint :beers::+1:

4 Likes