F-16 by SC Design

i just had the first flight with 0.7.0 yesterday, i was also able to startup from cold & dark :smiley:

One thing i found out on final:
now the rudder is inverted to the nws? how is that possible? when i give right rudder, the plane turns right, but the rudder goes the other direction :roll_eyes: i thought i had already read about this but did not find it again.

I downloaded the new Version on my Xbox today.
I donā€˜t understand the new Autopilot System.
Is there a Tutorial or a new Manual?

Oh, thanks! Iā€™ll be sure to keep that off.

Same here, no smoke on Xbox.
Works fine on my Mig29 but not on the F-16 :frowning:

2 Likes

@DEAN01973 I love this update great work but I find trying to add only one fuel tank annoying now as all fuel tanks show

Tested F18. Same issue after shutdown, so seems to be a coding thing on Asobo side. Since itā€™s a beta 10 feature Iā€™ll report it.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s because the MSFS fuel sliders adjust the old fuel system only, and so they get confused as weā€™re using the new fuel_system as Asobo recommends. Itā€™ll do it if you try to add a weapon also. Just remove the tanks you donā€™t need afterward, they will vanish as expected.

2 Likes

But this doesnā€™t happen with the F15?

Noticed smoke still works if you install the Stearman but when you restart the sim it doesnā€™t work again so you have to uninstall and re install the Stearman everytime you restart the sim to have working smoke

Thanks, that suggests the install itself is somehow bugging things - canā€™t imagine how though. Will keep working on it. Fuel tanks are coded identically in F-15 and F-16.

3 Likes

The F-16 HUD that shows feet above ground, has been changing for me. It doesnā€™t change in flight unless I switch to external view(thatā€™s fine) but it goes back to normal switching back to 1st person view, but I exited out, not the game but just the flight, and started a new one and when I started a new one, the Hud was showing the same altitude reading as it does in external view, unlike how it was the previous one.

So, if you suggest that the updated F-16 has the updated Hud, then logically, I have the updated F-16 since I have the new Hud. But, I assume since I have been having weird things happen with other aircraft, I think thereā€™s an issue with the sim perhaps?

First few flights, Hud reads feet above ground-

Same day, same game, but after I went to main menu and selected a flight, same aircraft, same livery, but this time the altitude reading went back to the old way-

Smoke has also still not been working. I am curious, those who cannot see smoke, are you installing via the JF installer or marketplace? I had an issue with JFā€™s installer on a different aircraft so I am wondering if maybe thereā€™s an issue with the installer?

Or are you still adamant Iā€™m using an older version that somehow is able to switch to the newer Hud reading?

@DEAN01973
Hi Dean, Iā€™m on the Xbox Series X.
After the update I noticed that the textures for the engine covers seemed odd. Iā€™ve deleted and reinstalled the F-16, but still the same thing.

The ā€œEngine Auto Stopā€ from the controller isnā€™t working for me. I can do it manually within the cockpit, but the quick auto stop binding on the controller isnā€™t working for this aircraft. Iā€™m also finding that using the power switch wonā€™t shut down the electrical after engine stop.

As been mentioned by numerous other people, you know about the smoke not working. Tried the Stearman uninstall/reinstall , and that worked until I restarted the sim. The Stearman smoke isnā€™t working for me either unless I use that trick.

Iā€™m on the Sim Update 10 beta with my Series X. I also tried it on my non-beta Series S, with the same results on all the issues that I mentioned.

Thanks for all your hard work Dean, I have all of your aircraft and love them all!

1 Like

@JoylessTunic738

There are a few things at play, but neither are a fault of the jets code itself.
Potentially an issue with the install / issue writing over files from the previous version, which has already been reported.
As well as the sim having issues loading planes on first load in, specifically after an update. (Restarting your flight from the menu(NOT a full sim restart) will reload the plane, and all functionality should return) Which has also been reported before.

From the pictures you have updated the jet, as the other pictures from a few days ago were using older MFDā€™s, meaning you were on an older version. You could easily tell us what version you are on by telling us the installer version you used.
Regardless, the issues you are having do not seem to be with the jet itself. The problems seem to stem from the installer or sim, or a combo of both.

There is also possibility of add-on compatibility issues, but everyone has different add-ons, so tough to track that one down.

Ultimately, dean said it best.

I understand your issues, but there is no solution we can code to correct the issue. My only recommendation would be to fully delete the F-16 folder, then perform a full fresh install of the jet.

If you have further issues, Iā€™d recommend reaching out to JustFlight via their support page.

2 Likes

letā€™s see, the altitude indicator has two types of reading, Baro or Radio and can be selected in two ways, through the DED in the HUD settings, or a switch on the right console. The default state will depend on whether you start in cold and dark or on the runway, but you can change it on the fly. However if you are in radio mode you will read the radio altitude when you are below 5000ft (Note that thereā€™s an R, in the right). if you select Baro, you will see baro altitude all the time on the gauge and radio altitude below the VS (in this config the R is at the left of the value).

2 Likes

It is worth stopping for a moment to check the status of the switches or the status of the avionics before flying. Just a simple flight reset can change the state of some avionics switches, because the game loaded a different .flt file like taxi.flt or runway.flt, instead of assuming everything is bugged.

1 Like

Thanks. Fyi, I didnā€™t mess with any settings. Take off the same way I always do.

In less than one month SU 10 hits. When it does, I plan on doing a fresh install of everything. I know I could try a fresh install now but that takes a really long time.

The good news, is that the updates to the F-16, in particular the performance, means I am flying it more to find these bugs. Not flying with the purpose to find them, just enjoying flying and after a while something weird will happen, and I reported it. Iā€™ll just deal with the random weirdness of this and other aircraft until SU10.

PS-F-15 Eagle also had itā€™s Hud change the altitude readings without me doing anything, although the frequency of it happening is more with the F16 than F15. Havenā€™t seen it happen in F14 or other aircraft. One of them is from marketplace and the other is not, so this also makes me think itā€™s sim related, but itā€™s all speculation.

That is the underlying problem. We have two main types of users, those who read the list of changes, ask us questions and even ask us for videos of procedures if necessary. And then the user who doesnā€™t want to waste time finds everything different, and assumes itā€™s broken before even asking.

2 Likes

Tell me where to read how my Hud changes without me doing anything please.
Tell me what Iā€™m doing wrong for the smoke not to work please.

I have answered you:

ā€œJust a simple flight reset can change the state of some avionics switches, because the game loaded a different .flt file like taxi.flt or runway.flt.ā€

Apart from that, it does not occur to me that changing to external view and then going back to internal resets a gauge state. It could be caused by any other addon you have that I donā€™t have (just to say something). What I can tell you is that I donā€™t usually have anything installed in community except the plane I work with, precisely to avoid these problems.

And regarding to your second question it has been answered by Dean or SilentG37.

2 Likes

You quoted me and said this. To me, this implied that somewhere in the manual, the Hud and smoke issues I have mentioned would have been addressed. Is there something I asked or observed that would have been addressed in the manual for you to specifically reply this to me?

I just looked through the manual regarding Hud changes and Smoke, and there was info regarding the Hud but nothing about what I observed it changing, and nothing about smoke.

If you mentioned in this thread prior to me bringing up Hud issues, that Hud issues can happen and a way to resolve it most times is to do a restart of the flight, I did not read that until after I brought the observation up.

Prior to the most recent update, smoke wasnā€™t working, and since the update I have deleted and re-installed the jet two times. The updates are present and appreciated, the inconsistencies Iā€™ve been having I attribute to the Asobo side, but still feel itā€™s relevant to speak/show inconsistancies so they can be addressed.

Tomorrow I will delete all aircraft except for F-16 and try the smoke out again. I assume if I get smoke, it must have conflicted with an add on. But if I donā€™t get smoke, I donā€™t know who fixes that.

Previously the F-16 smoke function worked with other add-ons but Iā€™m not ruling out that with the changes that itā€™s possible thereā€™s conflicting codes with another aircraft/add on.

1 Like