F-16 by SC Design

Yeah you can see from this clip how cramped the cockpit is. Cockpit View USAF F 16 Fighter Jets in Action Beautiful Take Off and Landing - YouTube

Incidentally Dean is there any chance we could get an in cockpit over the shoulder showcase camera view pre-set similar to the view in that clip? It would be great for making videos. I really enjoy the one we’ve got in the Hawk. A front view of the pilot would be great too for mucking about with the replay feature.

One little observation I could make from watching that youtube video is how much light reflection there is on the interior of the bubble canopy, certainly when the light hits it at the right angles anyway. I haven’t really noticed much light reflection with the F-16 in the sim. Maybe that was done for performance reasons. I know some people don’t like too much reflection but personally I do think it looks realistic. If a plane doesn’t have it then it kind of feels like there’s no canopy glass there at all. I noticed in VR I didn’t really feel like there was much glass around me.

1 Like

can someone post close zoom photo of the texture inside the cockpit ? its what holding my purchase right now im afraid of bad quality texture in vr
Thanks

It looks great in VR. Big thumbs up from me anyway. :+1:

1 Like

You can make all shorts of camera angles by yourself with the left ALT and arrow keys

2 Likes

I agree about the glass reflections - I always seem to see other users as having more than me in their videos etc. I think it might be a setting in the sim itself that needs tweaking, for both of us I mean, will have a look later.

1 Like

Having Problems… When I take off and raise my gear, my aircraft pitches up tremendously as if the flaps are staying down. This is a screenshot of my switches. Are they in the right position or am I doing this wrong?

Thanks I’ll take a look

1 Like

If ALT FLAPS and LE FLAPS are in auto (default mode), when your gear is up the aircraft should autotrim itself to be leveled.

verify your trim is at 8% or less before take off, raise the gear, and it should trim itself

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll give it a try…

Thank You Very Much.

I’ve always been an F-16 fanboy.

I still am, and I probably always will be.
So I have one in DCS and now I finally have one in MSFS.

Now I have a loooong night ahead in “My F-16” and all I can say is THANXALOT.
:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Finally getting the AP down. This thing has so much functionality. Work is over. Time to fly!

1 Like

Had to use the actual Gear Handle in the cockpit once and then it started working with my mapped Gear Button on my Throttle Quadrant. Works every time now… that was weird. Thanks for your help…

I noticed my AB toggle doesn’t work. No prob though. There’s a full throttle mapping as well. Does the same thing. Works fine.

Just FYI, that nonsense is well and truly fixed in the current Beta being tested. So is the thrust reverser setting for planes that have them. Thank goodness. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great to know. Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated, sir.

1 Like

I am looking forward to seeing this in the Xbox marketplace!

Hello I know you’ve heard this hundreds of times about the F-16 coming to xbox I understand it will be potentially months I was just wondering if you could keep us informed like you did with the F14 and F15 just let us know maybe when Asobo have received the model and all that so we know they are working on a release for the marketplace if you would…I only fly jets so given the small portion on xbox the f16 is at the top of my list since its currently finished thank youuu lol

I just purchased it, it looks great but I’m a bit confused with the F16C model
It looks exactly like the F16i
Am I doing something wrong ??
Thanks

Does anyone have a good tutorial on customization? I consider myself a pretty smart guy, but this PC stuff is out of my wheelhouse when it gets into changing files. I just happen to have a monster rig and am learning as I go. Any help/video links anyone has that they can pass on would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I’m a whiz at finance. Money math/theory is my thing.

Thanks!

Holy ■■■■, this plane is FUN to fly! I found Dean’s brother too, I think. :slight_smile:

But even better, now I have a soundtrack stuck in my head. :laughing:

First flight - I totally blew the landing (tipped over after landing waaaay off centerline - ugh), so I trimmed that part, lol.

(YouTube is still processing the HD version so give it a few if you want best quality).

5 Likes