F-16 by SC Design

Sorry I still don’t follow. There is only ONE kind of F-16 available in the Xbox marketplace and that’s from SC Designs and not Just Flight.

Just Flight also sells SC Design’s F-16 from their site. It’s the same plane, just a different vendor. If you are on Xbox you don’t have the option to buy from Just Flight, to the best of my knowledge.

It’s basically the same thing CAPTAINAS007 said.

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you for clarifying that! :+1:

1 Like

Correct. Xbox is Marketplace only

1 Like
5 Likes
2 Likes

Hello, I’ve owned the F-16 for a while, but haven’t been able to fly it much. I have a basic understanding of how the AP works, but I am still having a little trouble. So I know how to get the AP to hold my current altitude and speed, but I can’t figure out how to actually adjust the values for each. For example, in the tutorial I am watching if you wanted to increase the speed the AP will hold then you can press the top button on the left side of the right display to do that, however when I click the button nothing happens. Also in the video when he hovers over the button, it says increase selected airspeed but when I hover over it, it just says button 9 or whatever. What do I need to do to be able to adjust the selected speed or altitude? Also, I can’t figure out how to center the course needle or heading bug, as I have the same issue with those buttons not working. I tried searching for an answer but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks

We have a Discord channel where we can support you. However, I will tell you that we transitioned the screens a long time ago and autopilot adjustments are made in the DED autopilot submenu.

Hi there. I might be able to help you there. When AP is engaged to increase the speed value using the DED(yellow data display) select the Autopilot function. Then using your central keypad(centre console) type in the speed value you require and then on the DED press the throttle value button (2nd from bottom right) R5 that will engage the selected value.
Secondly to move the heading and course bugs use the dials on your centre low console by the course direction indicator left knob is heading and right is course for tuning VOR for example.
I hope this helps

This guide is for the DCS ver, for sure a different league. So take it as how it is supposed to work.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the help and will give the AP a try. Also, I know about the knob to change the heading bug, but is there not a way to center it?

Thanks

Edit: Never mind, I figured out how to center the heading bug and CDI. I thought I tried it before, but you have to right-click on the knobs.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I am having trouble logging into discord at the moment, but will make sure to post there in the future for support. Another quick question I have though is about the fuel gauge. It doesn’t seem to match with what it shows in the weight and balance menu of MSFS. For example, I could load 60% fuel in the MSFS menu but on the fuel gauge in the cockpit it might show closer to 80 or 90%. I tried looking through the manual, but I couldn’t find anything specific.

Thanks

1 Like

F16 start up guide for anyone who needs it

6 Likes

Can anyone assist. I am getting the G LIMIT message flashing in the HUD on the F16. This has been ongoing for some time, and I am unable to stop this happening. I have tried a complete re install, including todays 0.90 version. It occurs from a cold and dark state, or from a hot start on the runway. I do not have any “improvement” mods installed.

Hi, press the Menu button on the center keypad, then select HUD on the DED there will be an option to turn off G-limit warnings.

1 Like

latest news? Look at the HUD ? after installing SCDF16MSFS_0.9.0…
ice_screenshot_20221205-120228
ice_screenshot_20221205-120242

I installed 0.9.0 without any issues, I’d try uninstall and reinstall, or repair, if I were you.

You in the AAU Beta?