F-16 by SC Design

It’s a blast. The F-14 is relatively tame but is very capable of doing some sick maneuvers. The 15 is quite fast and agile, but it seems to lack the stability of the 14 at lower altitudes. The 16…best of both worlds so far. I love it!

2 Likes

While I had some trouble with the authentication process, once I was able to get the plane downloaded, I had no problems. As far as this plane goes and how I feel about it, thus far I am amazed. Fantastic job. It’s great for all skill levels, well, it seems like people who know what all the buttons do would appreciate how they’re interactive. Most buttons I hovered over seemed interactive.
It flys awesome, sounds great, looks great. I highly recommend.

3 Likes

It will only get better. If this is your first of their planes, you’ll be quite impressed at the support. If not, you already know. Enjoy!

2 Likes

It’s not the first of their planes I own, nor will it be my last. The support was prompt. I’m assuming they were dealing with an authentication security issue at the time of me trying to download. What ended up working for me was what I was trying to do the first few times. 8th time was a charm I guess.

3 Likes

I’d love to see these guys do a F-22 or 35…TAKE MY MONEY!!!

2 Likes

She’s a beauty! I love it! Well done!

3 Likes

IndiaFoxTecho has an F-35B about ready for release, I think - there are a bunch of pretty detailed preview videos out already.

I bet Dean is ready to get back to Concorde after a nice holiday break, which will be another insta-buy for me. I wonder what Scott will decide to do next? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man…keep coming with the timely posts. I can’t wait for that. Thanks for the info! At this point, if Dean, Jack, and Team put out anything that’s a jet/flies fast, I’m sold the second it releases. That team and Bijan are the two best going right now if you ask me.

3 Likes

I’m not sure who Bijan is but Dean, Jack, Scott et al can basically take my money, as can the guys at FlyingIron. The P-38 is simply magnificent in just about every way. If I was a Spit fan, I’d have already bought that one too, but I’m not. I think I’m going to spend the holidays playing with the SC/DC airplanes, the FlyingIron P-38 and the Junkers and just enjoy myself.

The next plane for me will be Dean’s Concorde whenever he’s done, and whomever gets a really good, quality Cold War-era McDonnell F-4 Phantom II.

But in the meantime, holy wow this F-16 is FUUUUUUN to fly! :smiley:

2 Likes

Bijan is who’s developing the Four Seasons packs. If you don’t own that add-on, it’s VERY worth it.

3 Likes

Stay on-topic please.

2 Likes

Back to the F-16 … I do have a critique of the manual, which is otherwise really very good. That is, there are numerous references in there to the F-16A model. Of course, the airplanes here are the C, D and I models. So those “A” references should probably be removed.

If you want me to do a full tech writer edit pass, let me know. I can’t promise to fully explore every single aspect of autopilot functionality (I normally fly fast jets by hand and seat of the pants - not always safely and sometimes … accidents happen :stuck_out_tongue: ) but I do have a strong background in writing and communication and I’m happy take a cut. Someone let me know. Otherwise I’ll just shut up and fly!

4 Likes

I love it. Great work, it’s a beautiful aircraft.

3 Likes

Or maybe some russian birds, like Sukhoi 27, MiG35 …

4 Likes

The 27…I like it

4 Likes

I’d suggest making the engine’s emissions more visible during the day. It’s barely visible during the day and amazing at night.

3 Likes

My first flight last night went from Nellis AFB to Los Angeles, had lots of fun! Great visibility from the cockpit as expected, and I really like the FBW system with auto trim and different sensitivities in the landing configuration. Will read the manual next :wink:

2 Likes

It`s fun to fly with it, no question.

Good sounds.

But, why all these low texture resolutions everywhere?

There is no LOD for the Cockpit.

There is some snap at a specific speed, is it when you brake the soundbarrier?

1 Like

The cockpit is going to be updated in 2022, along with DC Designs F-14 and F-15. High speed airflow will cause control surfaces to be more responsive, so the airplane will snap roll much quicker than at low airspeeds.

6 Likes

To add to Dean’s reply, from an aerodynamics and engineering perspective, roll rates will be much better with few or no external stores (weapons and external fuel tanks), and if the plane is lightly loaded internally (not 100% fuel). Take off in a “clean” configuration and 30% fuel and see what you can do, then try the same thing with a fully loaded plane. You’ll see what I mean.

5 Likes