[F4F-4/Draco/Gliders] Got Friends | Development Roadmap

To ease any concerns, specifically in light of the Gee Bee R3’s scaling issues, we are doing rigorous testing on the F4F-4 in VR to ensure everything modeled is to scale and working as it should in VR.

6 Likes

I am not that much into warbirds in MSFS (I love WW2 sims tho), but I am definitely down for a Wildcat. It is a classic in my mind after flying it in “Aces of the Pacific” and “1942: Pacific Air War” back when I was a kid. Nostalgia is powerful on this one.

1 Like

I have access to a F4F (I forget which model, FM-2 I think). Do you need pictures?

1 Like

Aces was my first bought game!
Have fond memories of both of them!!

1 Like

Any pictures would be wonderful. Please send them in a PM or to gotfriends.marketing@gmail.com.

We are currently working on a flight line that has access to a museum model. But aside from that reference and Google, any additional references help!

GRUMMAN F4F-4 WILDCAT: DEV UPDATE #2:
(Landing Gear, Drop Tanks, Effects, and Nodes)

I’ll keep this rather short because I know you all are more interested in the new previews rather than the details! These last two weeks have been awesome for our team. We have made many strides on the Wildcat. The highlights this week include complex landing gear animations (Video Below), introduction of drop tanks (still WIP), adding multiple effects and getting certain nodes situated, like the Pilot model.

Well, without further explanation, let’s just jump into it:

Landing Gear Testing Video (Not Final):

That’s all for now! See you all soon!

21 Likes

Will this be out on the Xbox? :crossed_fingers:

Yes sir! Xbox for all future aircraft!

1 Like

Great. Instant buy for me! Can’t wait

1 Like

nice work on the Wildcat LG - pilot had to crank it up manually - it was literally a bicycle chain and sprocket that the pilot cranked by hand. Wildcats would bob a bit on takeoff as the pilot cranked up the gear…

1 Like

Looking great. Look forward to flying her soon!

1 Like

Grumman F4F-4 | Official Teaser Trailer
Turn up your brightness… lost aviator at sea…

Also new website is now live!

5 Likes

Artistically speaking it is a cool video… does not showcase the aircraft at all though, but I guess for a teaser, it is not unusual. Keep up the good work!! Looking forward to this one.

1 Like

Sadly, right after the video ends, the pilot discovers that carrier traps aren’t implemented yet, rolls off the end of the deck, and plummets into the freezing water.

:grimacing:

Not if they had this installed.

1 Like

I know. :wink:

But useful link for any Wildcat fans who weren’t aware of it, so thanks for sharing that!

2 Likes

We are using HTML code to implement carrier launch and recovery. No need for external programs.

5 Likes

I had forgotten about that, and that’s a great thing to add in!

Well now my joke really failed. :slight_smile: Can’t wait for this!

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from [F4F-4/Draco/Gliders] Got Friends | Development Roadmap:

Wil it be available on simmarket when it comes out