Fabio Merlo's Flight Recorder CTD

This is why I dislike payware utility. Paid $18 for this at Sim Market and all you get are CTD’s. Works nice for about one minute. I am opening the exe as administrator like the read me says. Anyone having any luck with this program?

1 Like

Same to me but after last MSFS update…CTD all times!

1 Like

I had the same problem. Then I found out I used the wrong exe. :man_facepalming:
Have a look at your installation folder and try the exe in the FlightControlReplayMSFS folder - not the one in the main folder.

1 Like

Haven’t had any issues yet. The only issue I have with the replay mod is that it won’t display the nav and strobe lights in the wing view position.
Besides that it’s been working like a charm

1 Like

Hi guys! thank you for your support !

FlightControlReplay works like a charm !

PLEASE PUT AI OFFLINE in MSFS and G.A and AIRLINE SLIDER to 0
OR
Use FlightControlReplay option “Load replay without initial …” that you find in FCR Option dialog

Please read advices in announcement forum post :stuck_out_tongue:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-flightcontrolreplay-v4-5-for-msfs-p3d-fsx/365614

1 Like

There is no tutorial on this program. Maybe it’s the way Iam starting the replay. I load a flight and not sure to start the flight or pause it, but either way it crashes to desktop.

Hi!! Tutorial will arrive soon ! In the meantime in next update I m adding a lot of new features that community asked me :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Much appreciated. I finally got the replay to work by turning off live traffic and GA traffic. However, there seems to be a constant “don’t sink, don’t sink” on playback, and the horizontal stabilizer stuck in the full up position. See screen shot. Anyone else having this issue with stabilizer?

You have to exit to the main menu and restart flight somewhere, wait for it to load, then fire up FCR and wait for that to load- then you can start to record playback without those warnings. It’s not the replay’s fault- rather how the sim reacts. All replay tools have the same limitation.

This isn’t much of a problem with small planes but with a jet like the FBW, it’s a nightmare. If you just rewind/fast forward- it will capture sounds associated with the aircraft’s current state as opposed to the replay. So, say we’re recording a takeoff, we have to start from scratch after rewinding if we don’t want those sounds.

2 Likes

I discovered a very strange bug with this software. I confirmed and verified it this way:
Conducted a test recording a landing with FBW A32NX simultaneously with two different methods. Fabio Merlo’s Flight Recorder is not accurately depicting landings, almost to the point where the replay function is smoothing out landings. I purposely made a hard landing recorded via NVIDIA and the speed brakes deployed after the first bounce. The same landing using the 3rd Party Replay software depicted the plane gliding to a soft landing with early speed brake deployment. Not tested with any other aircraft. Hope this can get worked out. I will provide screen shots or videos if requested.

Hi!

Here you find a useful TUTORIAL about the usage of FlightControlReplay v4.5!

FlightControlReplay v4.5 you can buy it here

Hoping the update fixes the landing issue. As pilots we like to see exactly how we touched down, as we are always trying to improve our skills. Thank you for your hard work into this add on!

1 Like

How can we get the update when you own the original? Thanks

Hi!

You must go inside your simmarket account and download last build of FlightControlReplay :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.