Fail to assign Taxi light to X52 Pro button

Hi,

I fail assigning the taxi light to a button of my X52 Pro. I use the three lower buttons on the joystick part for lights. Landing Light and Strobes I could assign successfully (Button up = off, Button down = on), but it is not working for taxi lights, no matter what I’m trying. I made already sure that they are not assigned to another button/key in parallel. If I try to use “Set Taxilights” (don’t know if that’s the exact phrase in english, in german it’s “Rollbeleuchtung festlegen”), the taxi light switches on for a second and goes off again. Same for FBW or Working Title as for default aircraft. Any idea what I could do wrong?

Brgds

Stephan

Just in case, double-check if you have assigned this event twice. One may turn off the other’s action?

I checked all devices (Joystick, Xbox Controller, Keyboard), not assigend to anything else.

1 Like

Have you tried the same function that works on a keyboard?

1 Like

That’s because you use “Set Taxi Light”. The Set command is used for switches that “stays” on when you press them. But since the X52 switches has a spring mechanism that brings the switch back to neutral in any direction. That means when you turn the switch it switches on, and since it returns back to the neutral position it no longer receives the input from the HOTAS, thus it becomes off.

You need to look for “Set Taxi Lights ON” and assign that to the same switch. Same goes for the other buttons, you need to look for “Set X Lights OFF” for the up, and “Set X Lights ON” for the down. Don’t use the “Set X Lights” without the On or Off, because that won’t work with the X52 switches.

Yes, doesn’t work as well

No, I just tried it for a test to see if there is any reaction. It’s clear to me that I have to use the ON OFF functions but in that case it doesn’t work and I don’t know why.

So the Joystick problem has been ruled out! By the way, I don’t waste X52 knobs on any light switch, eg no switches! That’s not enough for everything that’s more important.