False advertising?

This screen says it all. I can confirm that these islands look NOTHING like the trailer.

Asobo, what the hell?

45 Likes

The water masks need to be redone.

7 Likes

Looks good to me , maybe better

Going to have to try and get my rain to do this:)

4 Likes

Dude, new york looks good, but the place in the asia trailer DOES NOT.

3 Likes

oh yeah some scenery issues atm Day 11 of release and all

If you have read what the team said, this is continuous works on masking, it is impossible to get all water mask at once, it need editing, the sim is in works in continuous and will be updated often, world and sim update, also read here

10 Likes

OG isnt saying it doesnt look good, he is saying the trailer images are different from in game. nice video btw

3 Likes

Here is the official word from the developers regarding this: ASOBO Q&A
28min 44 sec mark addresses this.

The art team is continuing to hand mask certain areas and adjust colors. This will continue to improve and evolve.

6 Likes

Maybe the in-game graphics are not the same as the trailer, true, but they still knock every other flightsim I’ve ever seen out of the park. Come on, give them a break!

11 Likes

Those aren’t the same islands

They are.

The game is good, I love it, but for god sake, you don’t show something that isn’t in the game.

20 Likes

OP has a point ya know. Lets say a car manufacturer sold a car and in the ads it had blue sparkly paint that just looks so cool but when it was delivered it was just plain old blue…

11 Likes

also created a topic about this.

1 Like

Regardless if people like the sim or think it’s still “really good”, it is 100% false advertising. They show you in trailers/advertisements what the sim CURRENTLY has, you go out and buy it and find out the sim actually does NOT look like what they advertised it to look like. That’s dishonest. All about the money though…

23 Likes

I agree but keep in mind you get what you pay for: $59 ( the other versions are simply aadons). So two ways to see it: Wow what a bargain ! ( compared to P3D ) and then you put up with the low quality and multiple issues or you know that for that price you can’ t ask for much.

Still waiting for nuked airports to be rebuild lol
Still waiting for a male voice lol
Still waiting not to have a co pilot lol
The list goes on.

But it’s only $59. And at the end " beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

3 Likes

That’s not the point. You should get what is advertised. Just because in your opinion $60 is cheap, doesn’t make it right (or even legal) to sell a product that does not deliver what it’s advertised to deliver. That’s down right dishonest.

21 Likes

Funny thing is, some parts where masking is on, are breathtaking.

I then flew over Mt. Everest and saw people on this very forum, who said it looked bad… I don’t know what they were smoking, but Mt. Everest area, besides few smaller glitches, looks absolutely stunning too. Swiss alps look alright too, but have too much smoothing.

I just wish this whole ordeal with handcrafting things was better communicated.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s false advertising. The trailer is showing the engine at its best not the graphics. Did you notice how the trailer switched planes, weather, and time instantly? The game doesn’t do that either so are you going to complain that’s false advertising? They are showing what the engine was capable of not exactly the graphics and they were in technology demo mode showing how good the sim engine is. They were showcasing what the graphics engine was capable of doing in real time though some aspects are still in alpha, and the engine is capable of this level of detail.

1 Like

Are you just flying around to find something wrong? Do you not like the sim? We all know there are issues they are working on,what’s your point? Show me where in writing they (Asobos) say the software will be without bugs?

4 Likes

I guess he wants to have the version they used to make those videos. Not the version he (we)have. You seem to have a problem with that… ?

1 Like