Fame rates and scenery

Looking at the sim today after SU5 it is obvious that the great increase in frame rates has come at the expense of the graphics. I get the feeling that ASOBO and to use an Australian term, pulled our chain, and played us with the promise of higher frame rates on the PC and how did they do this, by degrading the graphics.
Scenery now seems to be somewhat washed out and not as sharp as prior to SU5 and I believe that the quality of the graphics have been dumbed down for the Xbox version at the expense of those of us using PC’s which obviously have more ability to support far better graphics than we are seeing now.
I really feel that there should have been two platforms, one for PC and another for Xbox. Whether this would have been viable or not I don’t know.
I have also noticed in some areas that scenery is loading while flying. I had this while flying an approach to a smaller airport in the Hawaiian Islands where water textures (which were blocky) were loading as approached on short final.
I, along with many others, I am sure, are disappointed with the result.
So, I guess at this point one should thank ASOBO for lowering the enjoyment level for the millions of PC users around the world.
Job done ASOBO. (being cynical there)
Feel free to disagree if tyou feel different and if anyone has solutions glad to hear them.

5 Likes

It’s a mess

1 Like

I’m not seeing that. I set my LOD up to 200 and getting nice crisp graphics even at long distance.
GTX 1080
32 Mg ram
i7-9700k
gettiing 55-60 fps

please include system specs.

I will give that a go. Thanks for responding
I am running
32 Mg ram
i7-9700k
Nvidia 2080super

Oh here’s another on of those posts. Could you be so kind as to tell me what’s different from all the other ones?
I really don’t like all the insinuations. It’s just disrespectful.

1 Like

Mate, who are you anyway?
I read you bit of drivel and was fuming at your insinuation that people are not to have opinions about the sim and if you are offended then that is unfortunate.
You need to learn that everybody has a right to an opinion.
You have probably been around the sim long enough and you have probably suffered through all the ups and downs with update etc. and there are noticeable differences with SU5, so take the time to look.
The sim itself is great and I have nothing but the greatest respect for the developers, it’s no easy job and the fact that I have spent some nearly 1500 hours on it says something.
Have a look at this post and you may see what people are on about https://forums.flightsimulator.com/u/DoctorCrowbarX
Cheers enjoy the sim and embrace change for better or worse.

1 Like

I have a I770k and 32 gb ram and 1080 ti . Do you think i can set LOD to 200 like you and remain the same fps ?

Hello,

please use the existing topics, so the forum doesn’t get flooded by duplicates.

Thank you.