Famous 60 second stutter all over again / Bush Flight only

With all due respect, if you dont feel like helping, just dont.
You are asking questions/ suggesting things which have been answered in the opening thread for the 3rd time now.

If you would take a look on the video clip, which has been posted, you would have noticed that Im running this game on ULTRALOW settings, to exclude other potential sources of error. Youlllalso see the temperatures. Also mentioned this in the start-post.

• “Change graphics settings to everything LOW (video clip)”

I appreciate your help. Have a good one.

2 Likes

and there are also other reasons like a VPN or other “installed tools” ( simconnect ?) , also mods , ( and also steamvr ) which caused that…

1 Like

Yes, I see this, too.

I don’t fly Bush Trips all the time, but I do fly them as a “break” from doing longer IFR flights. I was on a long break until they recently fixed the “leg completion bug.”

I just got back into them the past couple days, flying Patagonia. I’ve finished several other Bush Trips so I’m not a rookie. Just today, I noticed it while flying. It’s very short and if you’re not actively maneuvering, you might miss it, but it’s certainly there for me.

I don’t have any of the other issues that are mentioned here (like the FPS degradation over time or the massive stuttering issues), but this regular micro-stutter I always notice when I go back into Bush Trips.

i7-10700, 32GB 3000 MHz DDR4, GTX1080, NVMe drive. Flew with a completely empty community folder.

I don’t have MSI Afterburner installed anymore, but you can see this cyclic blip in my GPU utilization graph in task manager. If the Task Manager sampling rate were higher, I think you would see a much deeper blip. It’s noticeable while playing.

Actually not.
The “blip” youre talking about is the same issue Im experiencing. Task-manager just isnt capable of showing the full impact.
It looks exactly that way in the Task-Manager but will look more “detailed” in Afterburner. :wink:

edit : See for yourself.

1 Like

Yes, we are agreeing with each other. I’m just saying I notice it by looking at Task Manager since I don’t have Afterburner.

These guys say, that its the autosave feature which is causing the lag every 60 seconds. Ive read this on several threads now.
But its funny how some people dont have any problem with this issue…

This makes the bush-trips literally unplayable for me.

1 Like

we have the same story already within the forum… whether this assumption is the trueth, we not know :wink:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bush-trips-60-second-stutter/228114/8?u=michamma

the pause you get ever 60s in bush flights are the sim saving your game

@carm9151 is this confirmed from devs ?

not that i know of. i’ve just seen this discussed months ago and it was mentioned that this is caused by the save

it’s very easy to confirm, as soon as you see the pause, quit the game and re-enter your bush trip. you’ll be right over the rock you were at when you stuttered basically

ah… so you found same old discussions as we… but its just not official confirmed ( which is important because otherwise no developer know about that a solution needs to be find ) and the question may be also why not all users see a stutter in this case :slight_smile:
( PS: I mean a noticable stutter for the eyes, not only a “short line” within a perf tool )

Yeah, the same thought was going trough my mind.
Why does it only happen for a specific group of people, while others dont have the “autosave-stutter” ? If its really an autosave issue, why doesnt it happen to all folks ?

1 Like

Has anyone posted a screenshot of an extended time monitoring their GPU and it not showing any blip? I’m just guessing it happens to everyone and some don’t notice or care

1 Like

if only a monitoring tool notice anything and not your eyes, there is no issue :wink:

I’m also having this issue. I only have the stuttering with bush trips. I just started flying these to do some exploration but the stuttering is quite annoying.

1 Like

another confirmed case here, I got stutter only in the bush trip, it does not have this stutter problem if it is NOT in bush trip mode flying the same spot, so it must be the bush trip mode problem

1 Like

I also get pauses about a second or two in some Bush trips, especially the Andes one.

1 Like

Seems still be present in almost all Bush trips.

1 Like

I see the same on bush trips only. Exactly every 60 seconds for a split second, long enough to be noticed.
Where it is most annoying (besides on short final) is when you are changing the view while it happens. The mouse movements are still registered during the visual freeze and when the freeze is over the view jumps to where it would have brought you during the freeze. That might be completely to the opposite direction (due to the missing visual feedback most will continue or speed up the view motion).
Yes, only during bush trips.
Regardless, this should not happen for a game saving activity. I am wondering if the sim is storing that ‘snapshot’ in the “cloud” and is waiting for a success reply. That could explain why some people see it more than others but still exactly every minute…

1 Like