Famous Flyer 9 Pack: Douglas C-47D and Waco CG-4A Glider

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the Famous Flyer 9 Bundle consisting of the Douglas C-47D and Waco CG-4A, available now from the in-sim Marketplace for USD $14.99. For every purchase of the Famous Flyer 9 pack made between June 6, 2024 and July 5, 2024, Microsoft will donate 100% of each sale to the USO (https://www.uso.org/).

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bug Reports & Wishlist section of the forum with the tag douglas-c-47d or waco-cg-4a .

You can view the manual here: Aircraft Manuals - Microsoft Flight Simulator

7 Likes

Just checked out the information about the new C47 , 2 liveries only , both American? Where is the RAF version ? The UK forces flew just as many of these aircraft in WW2 and especially D-Day , absolutely disgusting behaviour to not have a UK livery. Not spending my money on it.
Rant over.

7 Likes

It’s an American plane and Microsoft are an American company so I completely understand their bias.

But I do agree with you.

I’m sure there will be liveries out very quickly.

1 Like

Not quick enough to take part in the event on Friday, plus I assume it’s just a reskin of the current DC3 with all of its issues.

Disappointing maybe. Disgusting could be reserved for profiteering, which they’ve avoided by donating the income in the first month, likely when many of the sales will occur. I think this is an excellent gesture.

27 Likes

I’m allowed to feel disgusted , I feel it is an appropriate feeling considering this product has released specifically for D-Day and one of the main participants of the events has been ignored. If this was truly supposed to be in honour of the event , then multiple liveries representing the nations taking part should have been made , after all its looks just like a reskin of an already available aircraft.

8 Likes

glad it comes not with a x-box livery :joy:

6 Likes

That’s a good point :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Im wondering why the soundpack is completely different from the original DC3 ? The default DC3 sounds way better then the new Skytrain

Talking about sound, when used as a tow method for the waco it doesn’t even have sound. Feels like being towed by an electric DC3.

My c47 will not even tow the glider :confused:

Yes, I agree with you :+1:

At the very least, it is somewhat thoughtless.

have not check if it use the new c47 or old dc3,no time to check

3 Likes

But I don’t see ANY insignia… :astonished:

Thats all well and good for PC , but I’m on Xbox , like a lot of others.
Besides, we shouldn’t have to get 3rd party liveries , we should have it as an official option.

for x-box i understand,for pc i like the install smal.and only liveries i want via mod :wink:

Looks like they may be for the actual DC-3 as they appear under that within the sim rather than the C-47. I’m sure there will be 3rd party liveries soon.

You are free to feel whatever you like.
I for example feel tired of people constantly complaining about stuff they are getting for free.

Also IF this C47 is only a reskin of the DC-3 it’s very likely the current RAF liveries already available for the DC-3 can be adapted for the C-47 quickly.

14 Likes

it is not free :wink: dc3 was free

1 Like

Just edit the aircraft.cfg file, change dc3 to c47

No, apologies that doesn’t work… :frowning:

3 Likes