Famous Flyer I: Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing

Okay, sold! Honestly, I love to finish a flight by shutting down all the systems and then, as the last step, opening the door … And all planes sold under the Asobo label until now did not allow this, which drove me a little crazy :wink:

This “feature” should be included as soon as possible. There are too many things one may want to fix with most marketplace aircraft.

The spar, indeed, blocks the airspeed indicator, and doesn’t appear to react to being clicked upon.

Love the Beechcraft logo on the seatbelts and rear bulkhead paneling.

3 Likes

That’s a nice looking interior. Cheers! Is there no tablet like there is with other Carenado planes? Was wondering if Microsoft would let them do that…

3 Likes

I do not see one.

I could spend all day in a cabin like this one. It is beautifully done. I understand why these aircraft were so expensive back in the day.

Oh to be rich in the 1930s in the USA and not be bothered by the depression!

6 Likes

One thing I do not see anywhere is a way to monitor fuel level. I ran it out of fuel on the center tank and was able to switch to an alternate (sure has a lot of fuel tanks), but other than a Fuel light (that I didn’t see come on nor don’t know which tank it is wired to unless it’s a pressure warning, but there is a pressure gauge) and continue, but I’m clueless about overall levels.

Yes, I can open the Fuel window with the toolbar, but…

1 Like

It looks amazing…and the price too. I would like to know how many GB it occupies, installed, on the hard drive?

1 Like

1.27GB across both directories.

1 Like

I like this a lot!

7 Likes

One of my most-wanted aircraft since the sim released and I’m thrilled to finally have it. Nothing else quite like it, in real life and certainly not in MSFS.

3 Likes

The plane is Great! But the landing is like trying to land a soft ball! I tried a few times with landing path enabled to land perfectly as close as requiered for this plane but it bunch way too fast, a little bit unrealistic in this regard.

Lugo

1 Like

A couple of small things:

• I don’t see much of a behavior difference with the tail wheel locked/unlocked
• Oil warning light doesn’t illuminate when the engine is off
• Electric fuel pump turned on doesn’t raise the fuel pressure when the engine is off
• Long delay before the fuel pump sound shuts off after the switch has been set to off
• Ammeter pegs at 30+ when Generator is on

None of this, however, is anything to cry about.

Ooh, she has some nice engine cooling down sounds.

EDIT: I may have had the fuel selector levers off, because now I am seeing the electric fuel pump showing fuel pressure on the gauge along with the low fuel pressure light going out. However, the lower selector lever has the label reversed for the right lower tank. It is labeled as “L.R.” should be “R.L.”.

EDIT2: Played around with the tail wheel lock and found it is making a difference – specifically when trying to make a quick u-turn on the apron.

9 Likes

Yeah there are a few little issues (spotted flaps control lever moves when you click on it in cockpit but not when you use a controller button) but nothing so far that seems to harm the flying experience.

4 Likes

Where is the radio? Is it the digital read out on the lower right side of the cluster? Is it com1 and nav1? Thanks!

Down and to the left on the instrument panel, by your left knee.

Yes, COM1 & NAV1. No transponder.

1 Like

It’s $15, so I bought it. It’s a Carenado, so of course it looks very nice, especially in VR! I couldn’t tell you how close it flies to the real thing, but it’s a lot of fun to fly, and sounds really good too. Just did a little flight from Napa to Half Moon Bay. I guess it doesn’t matter there is no transponder - the in game ATC says I set a code anyway for flight following, LOL!

2 Likes

Detailing is very nice too…

8 Likes

Fuel warning light comes on a little (too) late though :upside_down_face:… like, right when the engine shuts down :slight_smile: :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, no fuel = no pressure = light on!!

Quick, move that fuel tank selector lever!

1 Like

Yes, really small things. No show stoppers I think.
Fokker is completely different story… sadly.