Famous Flyer IV: Antonov An-225 Mriya (Now available on Xbox)

So I checked again today, AN 225 is still broken as yesterday. Internet and server connections all fine, everything else in the game is ok and all my settings turned on.

I tried to delete the WASM addon but it’s not possible. It’s not listed in the content manager, even in the detail view. There is a “core content” package but that is not removable.

So I think the only thing left would be to clear the reserved space, but that puts me needing to download 150GB or so of stuff again, and other settings lost.

As much as I’ve been looking forward to flying this I’m just going to pass for now, and hope they fix this in an update. I spend too much time screwing around with this sim as it is, I’d rather just take a plane that works and actually go enjoy it for a while.

Is anyone having issue with capturing the glideslope? the 225 vertical speed climbs, instead of descending, I didn’t have this problem before the sim update and 225 update (pc)

I did 2 tests, pressing the VRTCL button before and on capturing glideslope, 225 still want to climb

edit: solved by reinstalling the aircraft

You do this via the Xbox OS outside of the sim. It’s a similar operation to Clearing Reserved Space.

Ah ok. Are there any instructions? If not I’ll fiddle around tonight and see if I can find it.

Ok just seen the official announcement about wasm malfunction. Will try that, fingers X.

1 Like

All of the issues I had and documented here were fixed by:

1. deleting the AN225
  2. removing the WASM addon from outside of the sim
  3. restarting the sim to let it reinstall that add-on
  4. quitting the sim again
  5. watching the xbox store install queue to ensure addon was fully installed
  6. restarting sim
  7. reinstalling AN225
  8. profit!

See also WASM on Xbox Update - 3.24.2023

I don’t believe the claims in that thread though. At least not in my case. I had surely fully installed the WASM addon before starting the sim and buying the AN225. I didn’t even buy the plane to start with, I saw it in marketplace the first time I used the sim and had quit MSFS and turned the Xbox off, then came back some time later to buy the add-on. It worked fine the first day although I didn’t use it much, it was the second day where I found it completely broken.

At least if it does corrupt itself again there is a solution that’s much quicker and easier than reinstalling everything, and I’m sure Asobo will fix the problem soon.

4 Likes

Does the GPS nav AP work? I flip it over to nav but can’t get it to follow course. Any help appreciated.

Your wet to be on a course to intercept the GPS track or it won’t do it

Yes. You set the selector knob to Nav on the AP controls and, as suggested, you need to plot and intercept course If you aren’t within range of the magenta line.

You’ll also want to press the Nav button on the instrument panel down and to the left of the HSI if you want it to display your course deviation.

Ok so the WASM addon reinstallation worked for one flight. I had a nice flight from c&d, landed, shut it down cleanly.

Today started xbox and game from cold. AN225 is broken again just like before.

It’s too much of a nuisance reinstalling this stuff every time I want to fly this so it’s going into the hangar until Asobo get their act together and fix it properly.

4 Likes

I’ve had this happen twice where I am flying straight and level, AP on and for what seems like no reason the aircraft starts to climb rapidly. Or sometimes the opposite happens and it will descend rapidly.

How do I get it to hold a steady alt?

I’m getting an “Air Intake Not Closed” light on the right APU at startup.

Any ideas what the steps are to resolve this? Or is it a bug?

I am trying to make an ILS landing but as soon as the line approaches to align with the selected NOC mode deactivate HORIZ and go to PC, the plane turns to align with the runway locator, but it overpass it and does not recover the line What am I doing wrong? Does the plane need less steep turns?

The airport that tried to do this was KIAH, runway 33r with the frequency set to left only.

I’m having problems with the AN-225, the same as listed above, tried to delete/reinstall the aircraft and then delete the WASM add-on and reinstall. Neither worked.

There are multiple reports in the forum with the same problem for the WASM planes recently released on Xbox. Please Asobo, take a look at this.

1 Like

33% discount is for all first party aircraft for all prople with deluxe, premium, or premium deluxe.

1 Like

Thanks, yes the announcement came later.

Inibuilds forum says that at low speeds it was almost always hand flown. So for ILS intercept so have been deactivating the AP and hand flying the intercept.

It’s really quite enjoyable doing it that way.

1 Like

What causes AP pitch to adjust automatically. Send when I change speed the survey will ascend automatically past my set alt. I check the AP pitch and it’s positive 10%. No idea why it does this but very annoying

It does tend to overshoot target altitudes by quite a way.

new engines, new electronics:

Antonov An-225: Ukraine says an aviation giant will rise again | CNN

maybe our 2 cents from the marketplace can help after all…

3 Likes