Famous Flyer V: Antonov An-2

EDIT: I have the bug too lol. I hadnt used the flaps on the non GPS version!

I don’t have this issue; are you giving yourself enough level flight time to slow down? As soon as you’re in the white you can get the flaps down to give you some extra drag. Do you get the same thing with the GPS version?

I descend at 1500RPM, manifold @ 5.2 as per the manual and it gets me down to flap speed. Dropping in flaps slowed me down a lot. Maybe I dont have the bug?

1 Like

No it doesn’t if you go to list view first…

1 Like

Good to hear in yesterday’s Twitch Dev stream - at 1:24:54 - that there’s an update coming for Annie on the 11th of the month. Let’s hope it fixes the model mix up at least!

8 Likes

Is there an update for this due out today?

1 Like

I just downloaded it on Xboxen

1 Like

An update to the An-2 is now available from the Content Manager. Please see the release notes below.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

Famous Flyer V: Antonov An-2 Version 0.1.13

• Adjustments have been made to the aircraft’s service ceiling based on community feedback.
  • Drag has been increased when flaps are fully extended
  • A visual helpers have been added for the fuel selector and comm radio power switch in the Before Starting Engine checklist
  • The Descent checklist can now be completed using auto-complete.
  • The door latch hatch is now textured after the door is opened.
  • The success condition for the Idle RPM check in the After Starting Engine checklist has been corrected.
  • The windshield is no longer black at lower LODs.
  • Cowl flaps are now open when starting on the runway.
  • The Before Starting Engine checklist in the Modern variant can now be completed using auto-complete.
23 Likes

I hope it has been increased also for all the intermediate stages? :grinning:

Good to see the issues are being addressed :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @Apollon0011,

Our test team has informed me that drag is increased at all flap settings, but it’s most noticeable at max flaps (39.5 degrees).

Thanks,
MSFS Team

20 Likes

This worked very well for me. Thanks.

1 Like

I think it feels better all around, from climb out to landing. :+1: much more believable flight model. No longer floats for days at idle power with no flaps.

7 Likes

Agreed - that feels way better! Just did a tidy circuit at Popham (EGHP) and flew the cranked approach perfectly. Thanks for this fix!

6 Likes

Great thanks, just great, and also special thanks for addressing issues discussed here, such as lack of drag.

7 Likes

Finally able to fly at low altitude and low speed!!!Good

3 Likes

I have missing interior on multiplayer model since the last patch v0.1.13
Anyone else noticed too?

I already opened a ticket, please vote if you noticed this bug too.

1 Like

After patch classic version have much better flight model.

2 Likes

He probably means that after the patch, the classic version FM is now much better than it was before, when the flaps didn’t cause enough drag.

3 Likes

Disregard my previous post. I think my brain read before instead of after. (;

3 Likes

Great update! Absolutely my favorite plane in the sim actually. Only thing is the click spot for the visors. They’re still way to large.

4 Likes

Just tried the latest update and the plane flies like a charm! What a wonderful addon for only 15 bucks! The only thing I miss is a manual with the most basic information, including performance charts.

3 Likes

hmmm… the question is: what does believable mean here. unfortunately i can‘t agree. try to fly the plane with a heavy load of 5.25t and you will see that it has a new problem now: takeoff with full power and flaps 15 is ok. initial climb with speed 120 works. but as soon as you set power to 900 torr and 1900 rpm and you start to reduce flaps slowly to 5 and then 0 it does not accelerate to 140 and no climb is possible. according to our real life procedures on YL-LEV we set climb power of 800 torr and 1800 rpm. with that the plane in msfs almost descends. and then try to set cruise power of 650 torr and 1650 rpm… no chance of flying straight and level :face_with_peeking_eye: and you won‘t get to a cruising speed of 180km/h. it is a beautiful rendition of a true icon and could be fantastic for table top training at home after the winter break. but this really needs a rework…

10 Likes