Fantastic Dev Stream Today - Feb 1 2023

The minute I got off work, I went to twitch to watch the first dev livestream of 2023!

Fantastic job Asobo and MS. Thank you for doing these livestreams. I participate a lot in forums but it’s good to see and hear directly from Asobo/MS.

Love seeing the upcoming improvements and New Zealand looks amazing. Bravo.

@Jummivana - Jayne, fantastic job as well, per usual.

25 Likes

So what’s going on?

In some countries not being able to get a refund is illegal and would land MS in serious trouble that would potentially see them fined considerably. I doubt this is being done deliberately, as you can get a refund (usually) from Microsoft without hassle for many other products and services they offer.

If there’s something preventing them from doing so, then they need to be transparent and let us know - otherwise we’re all in the dark and at the mercy of the content being uploaded working straight out the box 100% of the time. Is it fear of the system being abused? If so, I’m sure there’s enough scope within the team to find a solution.

I think if there is no solution, then MS need to seriously consider increasing the refunds per year for Flight Sim from 2 to 4/5. Although, that would not be a satisfactory outcome in some countries and they could still be open (potentially) to legal recourse.

Hopefully a reply from the team would be useful in this situation. Thank you.

7 Likes

I’m sure you are right. I think they were available for viewing afterwards

So where is the link to the Dev stream?

5 Likes

Why are you posting this here? It’s like a trigger for some people when they see a positive thread to soil it down with their often off-topic negativity…there are threads already for Marketplace feedback, you have a much higher chance that they read feedback if it’s posted where it belongs.

6 Likes

Agreed, always loved the Q&A and this one was packed with great content!

The Antonov updates were amazing, really emotional too, loved it!

In general I really appreciate when they bring in guests, like in this episode!

I liked the format and the more focused Q&A areas, mixed in with news and updates, makes the whole session really exciting!

4 Likes

Very cool, I need to say I love old russian era aircraft as I was child, also now but airliners also, names Tupolev and Iljushin. Antonov is some kind of something special here although 24 and 26 versions are used also here many years. Helicopters also. Really I wait and enjoy now to release of this gigant. As Jorg mentioned in video (hope it will be real date) it will be released on 27th february this month :slight_smile:

Waiting for the mighty An-2 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s great, thanks.
Why isn’t it automatically added to the forum by tptb?

The VOD will come soon I think as a post.

Because Twitch videos expire. It will get re-uploaded to youtube along with subtitles and a transcript of the whole stream here on the forum. But that takes some time. At least more than 12 hours.

7 Likes

Hello,

i see the Video and i am relly excided to see the Improvements.
But i am also really sad that there is again nothing about the View Setup for us Homecockpit Builders.
Why is Asobo/MS not taking care of that ?

Matthias

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

The fact that IniBuilds is doing the AN-225 is exciting news.

EDIT: I’m watching the detailed walkthrough of the AN-225 with the fellow from IniBuilds. Wow. This is going to be fun. I sure hope some intrepid modded comes up with a Buran to fit on top. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. Totally agree. His comment has nothing to do with this thread.

1 Like

Because it’s one out of 50,000 wishes the community has. Cockpit builders are a minimal group compared to the Xbox and pc crowd, I’d assume, so it’s just a matter of priority.

Hello,

you are wrong.
Homecockpit Builders are for sure not a “minimal” Group of Users.
On the other Side it will be more if Asobo/MS would take care more on us !

XBox is not all and Homecockpit Builders also using PC based Sim

It depends on the definition of “home cockpit builders”.

If you’re talking about people spending thousands recreating the cockpit of a particular plane in painstaking detail with hardware, you’re correct. Those are indeed a very small minority group.

However, in this context, it’s being used more in the sense of people using multiple monitors. That’s not as uncommon as you may think. I had 3 monitors on my computer for general purpose stuff well before simming came into the picture for me. And I know plenty of other folks who aren’t into simming or even gaming at all who have triple monitor setups.

Yes, we have multi-monitor support, but it’s pretty bad and really not at all what was being asked. We weren’t asking for nVidia Surround with a few extra options. We were clearly asking for true multi-view / camera support. What we got is just barely functional for folks with multiple monitors.

1 Like

I agree !
I am still using a single monitor. My multi-monitor setup just does not work well in MSFS. Eventually, they will get it all sorted out. It is just not a priority for them and definitely not a revenue stream.

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about multi monitors. I have 3 as well. I am suggesting that it’s a far less # of players who are into “home cockpit building” than those who play on their Xbox or PC (with a monitor)

1 Like