Fatal Error on new computer (Windows Store edition)

That’s great - well my last computer was 10 years old and wouldn’t even run FS2020! That’s why I bought this gaming laptop to use as a portable work computer but also the occasional gaming. Was hoping that FS2020 would work - even on medium settings. Unfortunately it won’t even start lol

Maybe this:

Thanks Blueline308. That’s the exact error I’m getting. Maybe it is a laptop issue. It seems that that person in the link performed a windows reset and that fixed the issue. I was hoping not to go down that route… Weird as well as this is a new PC with a new copy of Windows.

A windows reset is pretty quick actually. Give it a shot

WOW it’s working!

Figured it out… I was so dumb that I forgot to update Windows. The windows update did the trick.

Thanks everyone for your support. See you in the skies!

2 Likes

Great for you. Good flights!!

GT

Great! Happy to hear that it was resolved. Am thinking about getting an Alienware sometime in the future. Let me know how you like it and how it plays the sim.

The Alienware is amazing. It plays FS2020 on Ultra settings and I love the fact that it is portable. I can do my work and sim at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a little costly (the R6 version), but considering the last laptop I bought was 9 years ago - it’s worth the investment. Other intensive games (such as Star Citizen) also work with no issues. Only problem is that the laptop can get HOT (due to the compact design) - so no simming on your lap! Definitely recommend the computer.

Awesome! Glad to hear. Since it doesn’t have a NUM pad, what do you use to control the sim? An external keyboard, num pad, or actual flight controls?

I’m actually considering an X17 after Win11 release, if I go the laptop route.

Hi guys. I just purchased the same spec Alienware M15 R6 and must say it’s exceptional.
I loaded Windows 11 and MSFS 2020 without any issues with everything working 100%, (my old Dell Inspiron refused to load the London scenery and London City Airport add-ons and simply hung around 60% no matter what I tried, finished up removing them). Yes it really gets hot with the cooling fans blasting away @ 98% and CPU temp @ +85°C, in fact a little frightening!
I also use a second screen to pop out the G1000 NXI or the GNS530/430 and an Android tablet to use with Touch Portal without any issues.
I prefer to use a mouse and the Xbox controller which works great with Bluetooth. Got a Thrustmaster HOTAS one originally for the Xbox which I find cumbersome with unresolved mapping problems on the Xbox, slung it back in the box and never use it. Only single issue I’ve had so far was with the laptop keyboard somehow became locked and the keys were unusable, solution was connect an external keyboard, logged back on and perfect.

I have the same problem and same error but the drivers are up to date, it was working last month then I opened it yesterday and it closes down with that error