Fauna & POI not working

When looking and search for fauna in the world map, i only get airports and no POI
The same for buildings.Line of POI does not appear.
I installed latest update of MSFS and in the assistance menu POI is set to easy, all on.
Any help please?
Thanks

1 Like

Moved to Community Support as this seems a help request.

:

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When looking and search for fauna in the world map, i only get airports and no POI
The same for buildings.Line of POI does not appear.
I installed latest update of MSFS and in the assistance menu POI is set to easy, all on.
Any help please?
Thanks

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi

In the Assistance options you must enable all the POI of your interest, if not done already.

In the general options / Traffic / there is a slider about Fauna density or something, I assume it must be set to 100%, unsure tho of the effect.

I have the same issue. I used to have fauna but had to complete a flight first using world map, but that doesn’t work either, and fauna is turned on in settings.
Oh , and all my tutorial and landing challenges scores have been reset to zero.
Just another day with msfs 2020.

I’m having the exact same issue! I upgraded to Windows 11 since last playing and so I had to reinstall the entire game. Would love guidance!

I have done all of this and no result.
Any help?

1 Like

Also having an issue similar to this on Xbox. I typed Fauna into search box and nothing happens, no drop down or anything. All correct settings from following various YouTube videos but no luck.
Has worked previously so not sure why suddenly not working.

It seems i am not the only one having this problem.
Asobo support would be much appreciated.

Same here.
Search bar results only list airports, no cities, POI, fauna etc.
Cities and POI all show up on the map as long as the search bar is empty, but no search results in the bar.
Hadn’t used this feature for quite a time, so I’m not sure whether it was broken maybe with sim update 9 or world update 9 - but it definitevely is broken.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

As long as the search bar is empty, cities and POI show up on the world map, but there are no search results for cities, POI, fauna etc. in the search bar, the search results only list airports.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same issue. Only ‘fix’ I found was to switch off all the other items in the filters (airports, heliports, landmarks etc.), but keep Fauna on and look for bright white dots where they will be when you zoom in…

Welcome Nickel and Johnny!
Well I don’t know if there are enough people with this problem to have it effectively addressed or not, but yes, it would be very nice to have a fix.
I’m not a techie, but since this looks wide spread, I don’t think it’s our equipment or settings.
Looking forward to a resolution.
Whitedog

Is there any progress in finding a solution?
Thanks in advance

I have the exact same problem. Fauna enabled in POI but not showing up in Search in world map. Only airports show up. Version 1.25.9.0 (fully up to date)

Looks like this has been fixed today in an update!

Indeed, works again.

Not working today in SU9

And now I have this problem with SU11. I am not even 100% sure when the problem started but now no points of interest at all show up.

Exact same issue for me. Workaround used: make a first short flight, then go back to the world map. The Fauna and other Points of Interest appear now in the search bar!