FBW - A320 after PAUSE out of control!B

ASKING FOR ADVICE: After activating and releasing PAUSE inflight (to change any Acft-settings), the FBW-A320 is becoming totally out of control. WHAT MIGHT BE THE SOLUTION? To press ESC instead is non, as then the Cockpit is not visible to make any adjustment. Kind regards Laszlo

Hi @MuffinFahrrad99

I have moved your post from the Forum Navigation category to the Aircraft & Systems category as this is the correct one for your topic. Please ensure you look to see which category is the correct one for your future posts.

I have also removed the personal information you included in your original post as we do not allow the distribution of this information on the Microsoft Flight Simulator forums, as per our Code of Conduct.

Thanks
The MSFS Team

Many aircraft, when on autopilot, do seem to struggle when resuming from pause. This is likely because some things keep running in the background such as time and weather updates, potentially some aircraft systems too. If you deactivate autopilot before you pause the sim, it should be fine. You can then immediately reengage autopilot when resuming. I’ve had to do this for several aircraft and as long as I remember to disable autopilot before pausing, it’s fine.

It is not an issue in all aircraft so I suspect some developers have found workarounds for this.

What you do is called ‘active pause’. Which indeed causes trouble for many airliners with more complex systems, because (as the previous poster mentioned) things are still running in the background. I only can recommend that you press ESC. Cause this is a ‘real’ pause - it pauses everything.

1 Like

Are you on stable version? Because on the development version improvements have been introduced recently to improve this.

Thank you! But it would be interesting, with writing WHAT EXACTLY I would have violated the code of conduct. Kind regards, Prof. BarkiI