FBW A320 Can't Spool Up Right Engine

Steam version, all updates current, all liveries/mods stripped out.

Sitting at gate and taxiing, I cannot achieve N1% beyond like 8.8, EGT remains about half of Engine 1, and N2% will only go to about 44%. Thus, I can never get thrust out of the right engine. Thus I cannot take off.

I am starting cold and dark via CTRL-E. (I’m slowly getting back into the A320 so I’m not ready to manually start everything.)

Without doing anything, I’m getting FAULT indicated on Gen 2 switch.

I think there has been some functionality added since I last used the FBW, and maybe I’m missing something I need to do in order to get this right engine going. CTRL-E used to work just fine in all previous versions. Should I be performing an additional step beyond CTRL-E now?

Has anyone experienced this? Is it a bug or something I’m not doing? Should I just learn the full manual startup?

I’d try using the checklist and starting up manually. It’s quite detailed but once you’ve done it a few times it’s fairly straightforward. If this works then it could be a problem with control E. You can even use the automatic option to run through the checklist.

• The aircraft is secure
  • APU MASTER SW - Set to ON and the APU is available
  • Beacon light - Set to ON
  • All doors to the aircraft are armed and secure.
  • EXT power has been disconnected.
  • APU BLEED - Set to ON
  1. Set the ENG mode selector to IGN/START
  • Flight crew should hear the packs turn off.
  • The lower ECAM should automatically display the engine parameters screen.
  1. Set ENG 2 Master to the ON position.
  • Pay attention to the ECAMs and note engine parameters as ENG 2 starts up.
  • The engine should take roughly 1 minute to complete its start up sequence - use the chronometer started earlier to time this.

Engine 2 will have successfully started when the following applies (at ISA sea level):

• N1 is at roughly 19%
  • N1 reported AVAIL
  • N2 is at roughly 68%
  • EGT settles at about 520°C
  • FF is at roughly 290 kg/h
  1. Set ENG 1 Master to the ON position.
  • Pay attention to the ECAMs and note engine parameters as ENG 1 starts up.
  • The engine should take roughly 1 minute to complete its start up sequence - use the chronometer we started earlier to time this.

Engine 1 will have successfully started when the following applies (at ISA sea level):

• N1 is at roughly 19%

• N1 reported AVAIL

• N2 is at roughly 68%

• EGT settles at about 520°C

• FF is at roughly 290 kg/h
    Complete the after start flow:

• Set the ENG mode selector to NORM

1 Like

Topic Author references FlyByWire A320, so thread moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft as Bugs & Issues category is for stock sim defect reporting only.