FBW A320 EXT POWER Always "AVAIL"?

Hi all,

I noticed that when starting the FBW at a gate, the EXT Power light is always showing 'AVAIL" on the overhead. Even when removing the EXT power from the EFB, the light remains ON… Is it due to the core MSFS sim ?

Thank you.

Yes I believe it is.

Hi,
When parked at a gate, all the MSFS aircrafts (including the FBW) display EXT Power light ON. It will remain until you push back your aircraft.

OK thanks. So then what is the point of having an external power option in the EFB ? Only visual candy ?

The external power option in the EFB allows you to call the power car (ground services).

Yes I understand but what I mean is that this is only for eye candy as the power is provided by default by the sim anyway…

1 Like

Yep. For the moment still just eye candy.

Same as with wing lighting, even with no moon…Always lights there

Thanks for the confirmation.

It’s not eye candy. Check for conflicting liveries or key binds. External power is not on at startup, nor is any lighting.

No, external Power wasn’t on any time I started the FBW at the gate. :thinking:

True. Not on but AVAIL. Connected to the aircraft and available. However, what is odd is your batteries showing 0.0 Volts. A320 batteries won’t go completely flat. The battery contractors open below 23v to prevent this so guessing this is a possible bug?

Good catch! Seems I was a bit too fast with the screenshot. Takes a couple seconds (at least on my computer) for everything to initialize.

2 Likes

Ah, nice. That looks better. All is good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I actually meant always AVAIL and not “ON”. My question is that even if you don’t call for ground services through the EFB, the AVAIL light is always ON… that must be a MSFS limitation…

Ahh, yes and yes. Hopefully, that will change in the future.

AVAIL should only be illuminated if ground power is connected. What I do to add is realism is when the Aircraft loads before turning it on by the batteries, I connect the GPU from the FlyPad, which I think IRL is ok. Also you dont want those batteries draining down to low.

I do laugh at the GPU doing the shuffle (its back and forth motions) before it connects, however I feel this has improved over the last few updates.

I also Swicth it off from the OH button and disconnect it from the fly pad once the APU has started.