FBW A320 Stutters/Microstutters Ground/Approach

Hey guys…

I know there are so many many post about microstuttering …

Overall my Sim runs very well with all planes on Ultra/High Settings (LOD 100, Scaling 130)
No stutters on the taxiways, takeoff and approach… (CRJ from Aerosoft runs like butter)
But I get these little stutters with the lovely fbw a320… I tried all versions from FBW… the experimental seems to be the best for me.
Everytime when I’m on the taxiway or taking off there are little microstutters.

I’m getting good fps all the time (ground 38-48, air 50-70), but there are spikes@ the mainthread that causes the stuttering.
The FBW is so lovely but I can’t enjoy it : (

Anyone an Idea?

My Specs:

i9 9900k@5GHZ, Asus TUF 3080, 32 GB DDR4 - 3200MHZ.

It would great to get an answer

3 Likes

Try switching off the FlyPad and see if it makes any difference

Don‘t use it after refueling …

No Problem for me 80 FPS With i9-12900KS and RTX3090Ti Runs perfectly

1 Like

Hello,
Since this is an issue with an aircraft mod, I have moved this to Third Party Addon Discussion. The Bug Reports category is only for the core sim.

1 Like

If you drop your render scaling down to 100 do you see improvements? This would cause excess load on GPU.

Also do you have Dev mode on? if not, turn it on and see if you are GPU or Mainthread limited on the ground.

There is on difference with renderscale 100… I‘m limited by mainthread on the ground…

1 Like

If mainthread limited then your CPU is the bottleneck which certainly can lead to stutters. May want to adjust settings and find a way to get it down and test the A320 along the way. Get it to a point of being stutter free then build back up to the threshold.

I don’t think you can really compare the performance say of the CRJ to the FBW. To different animals in terms of coding, textures, demands, etc…

2 Likes

Stutters here too. I have A 5950x. Your 9th gen Intel cpu is just having a tough time, that’s why so many people are looking at the new AMD 5800x3D lately.
I also think that the stutters bother some people, others hardly notice them. They’re especially prominent for those why use head tracking.
Get used to them or start saving for an upgrade.
Otherwise, reduce the LODs and especially the ground traffic.

So you think really it could be a cpu related problem?
Even If I turn the LOD slider to 20 the microstutters appear…

It’s a process of elimination, but stuttering is typically CPU related and DEV mode is saying you are GPU (mainthread) limited.

Remove everything from community folder and just leave FBW, turn CPU intensive settings down to minimums and give it a try, then start building back up.

2 Likes

But on the ground I’m alltime “Limited by mainthread” even with all settings to low… don’t unterstand why…

I guess it’s difficult for us to assess, because it’s not clear how bad the stutters are.
I have a stronger system than you have and I have stutters in the FBW A320 also…I don’t like them and I’d like an upgrade, thats just how it is :wink: I have optimised as best I can.
That said, maybe you have an issue with your system or with an addon. It was suggested above to empty your community folder, thats a good suggestion. You could even try reinstalling the entire sim, but that might be a bit drastic.

Maybe do a cleanup or a clean install.

1- Move the aircraft folder from your community folder temporarily (or you can uncheck it with add on linker).

2- Go to this folder: Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo

3- Delete all files you see outside the “work” folder. Then go to the “work” folder as well and delete all files EXCEPT the flightdatarecorder file and the throttlecalibration file.

4- Move the aircraft folder back to your community folder (or activate it again with addon linker).

5- Try again with the FBW in-house livery (This is important in order to eliminate the possibility of having a certain livery as a culprit ).

1 Like

If you have YourControls or Toolbar Pushback, try without them. Some reports of performance issues with those.

3 Likes

Hi there, did you ever find a solution to the stutters? Since SU9 or maybe earlier I have been having the exact same issue, when taxiing there are occasional micro stutters for the FBW A320. It is still the same with SU10 and turning down settings does not help. When I use the Asobo A320 I can taxi without stutters with settings at mostly High and some Ultra TLOD 175, with the FBW I get the stutters even with everything Low / Off and TLOD 10. Turning off traffic etc also makes no difference and the same applies to TAA, DLSS etc. Really frustrating because as you say, it is a great piece of work. RTX 2060, i7 9700F, SSD, 100 Mbps.

Do you use DX12 or DX11 ?

Using DX 11

80 FPS…

Lol

Hello.

I have the same issue with the FBW A320. No matter where (small airports, big airports, payware airports, default airports, during take-off, during landings, when taxiing and even flying in the air at all kind of altitudes) Im having micro sutters… they seem to occour randomly but they are ALWAYS there.

To slowdown ALL setting even to the minimum doesnt helps. Other airplanes runs so smooth without lags/stutters but NOT the FBW A320.

Im having this issue more than 4 months, in the begining I didnt care much about it but now Im getting tired of the micro lags/stutters.

My system aspects: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, RX 580 graphic card, 16 GB ram, 1TB HDD disc.

Yes, I dont have the best computer but all the planes runs very smooth, even the new airbus 310… its ONLY the FBW A320 wich is driving me crazy.