FBW A32NX stable version 0.5.0 released

Major new features:

• AOC INIT REQUEST SimBrief integration
  • Completely reworked flight model (Flaps, AOA, drag/thrust ratio, vertical stabilizer)
  • Completely reworked engine, cockpit, and ground roll sounds
  • Completely reworked interior and exterior lighting
  • Major improvements to PFD, ND, EWD and SD display graphics
  • Improved speed calculations (S, F, VApp, VLS), including ground speed mini implementation
  • Added support for airways
  • Implemented ATSU/AOC with METAR/TAF/ATIS requests and free text
  • Implemented OPTIONS MCDU menu for configuring user settings
    • ADIRS alignment time
    • DMC self-test time
    • METAR/TAF/ATIS request sources
    • Switching between metric and imperial units

Minor new features:

• Added COND ECAM page
  • Added CABIN PRESS ECAM page
  • Added ELEC ECAM page (currently not functional)
  • Implemented ECAM “ALL” button functionality
  • Added Go-Around MCDU page and flight phase
  • Improved RAD NAV MCDU page
  • Improved cockpit textures and decals
  • Basic CFDS implementation with EIS display tests
  • Overhauled MCDU message and scratchpad handling
  • Separated windshield wipers
  • New default camera positions
  • Added many new ECAM warnings and memos
  • Added G LOAD indication to lower ECAM
  • Added flashing QNH when passing transition altitude
  • New icing detected ECAM messages

Bug fixes:

• Flaps, PTU, and fuel pumps are no longer heard in cockpit
  • Improved calculation of VSPEEDs
  • Autopilot wobble mitigated
  • Fixed takeoff memo appearing after landing

Known Issues:

• Default A320neo landing challenges do not work (intended)
  • ELEC ECAM page is not functional
  • HYD ECAM page is missing
  • GPWS altitude callouts can be repeated in some cases
  • Various issues related to following STAR’s in managed heading mode
  • Minor issues with following altitude constraints in managed altitude mode
  • Cannot press INIT REQUEST twice during the same flight when using Simbrief integration
  • ADIRS “ON BAT” light has not been implemented yet
  • Engines won’t turn off (make sure you have unlimited fuel disabled)

View more on the full changelog here

You can download the stable release here:
https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/releases/download/v0.5.0/flybywiresim-a32nx.zip

…or use the FBW installer.

15 Likes

I don’t know whats happened but the new stable version 0.5 and the dev version they are not compatible with Onair

Anyone else having throttle issues? When I select toga, the throttles surge and retard very quickly a second or so during the take off roll.

For context, I am using F1 for idle, F2 to decrease the throttle, and F3 for increasing the throttle. I did not have this issue using the dev model before.

I don’t have these issues. But I use a throttle. Maybe some of your periphals interfere…?

The fuel tank capacities have been changed to match the real airplane. For some reason, that causes Onair to think it is a completely different airplane. I suggest opening up an issue with Onair.

As a temporary fix you can go back to the old fuel tank capacities by overwriting the [Fuel] and [Fuel System] sections from the flight_model.cfg file in the C:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\A32NX\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO folder with the [Fuel] and {Fuel Systems] sections from the Asobo A320 in the C:\Users[Your User Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\Asobo_A320_NEO] folder . (These directory path are for the default installation from the Microsoft store. You directory path may be different if you bought from Steam or installed in other than the default location.)

Could you do me a favor and post the above information in the Onair forum? I don’t have Onair myself.

2 Likes

A320NX still not stable, today I’ve made a flight from KSFO to KLAX, route is KSFO/01L SSTIK4 EBAYE DCT BURGL BAYST1 KLAX/25L, and aircraft did not follow flight plane, please take a look from 1:22:34

That’s a known issue, unrelated to the mod.

1 Like

Anyone have an issue when using a pre-loaded flight plan that the stable build won’t load the ILS frequency/catch the glide slope?

I’ve seen this off and on. Seems to happen with certain airports and approaches. I’ve learned to always double check the ILS frequency is populated and correct while setting up the flight in the MCDU.

Anyone noticed the set flap sounds are gone?

Yes, it is in the changelog.

It is not heard from the flight cockpit, so they removed it.
Like the PTU. The NEOs don´t make that sound anymore (which is a pitty, because it was very caracteristic of the A320).

Nothing wrong, It´s how it is suposed to be.

1 Like

You still can hear the PTU and the flaps, when you switch to one of the cabin views (like IRL).

And please, please do the spool down of the engines for at least 1 minute and not as now for 6 seconds. That would be very nice and more realistic. That would be my wish!

The sound is steady work in progress. There will be more improvements.

So the Triewerke are already after about 6 seconds. Or does the Neo have something like a Triebwerk FAN brake? :wink:

I think it depends from what position you hear it. From the cockpit you really don’t hear a long spool down. Because the only thing you hear, is the deep roar when they spool down. And that doesn’t last for long. I have to admit, I never listened to the A32NX spool down from outside… :thinking:

I don’t mean primarily hearing, but turning the FAN from outside!

OH, ok. That’s a modeling thing. And we can’t do much with modeling right now, cause the MSFS SDK is incomplete. We have to wait for Asobo.

So turn off the engines and go to the outside view and look at the spool down. they stop after about 6 seconds. Unfortunately, even the standard Aribus does a little better!

I would wonder if the vanilla A320 would make any difference, cause as far as I know, we never touched this.