FBW A32NX Throttle Calibration help required for Logitech Extreme 3D Pro flight stick

I just purchased a new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro flight stick and it has the normal 3 flight control axes plus a throttle slider X. I wish to configure it for the FBW A32NX but I need some information on the Flypad’s calibration procedure. I watched the 2.09-minute FBW Throttle Calibration video but before I proceed, I’d like to know what does ‘Disable/Enable if Needed’ mean, in regard to the two switches ‘Reverser on Axis’ and ‘Independent Axis’ ? For my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, for example, how should I set these two switches before proceeding with calibration?

I must map ‘Reverse’ on the three flight control axes and I also must use reverse for the fourth axis (Throttle) for my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick to work correctly while flying. Does clicking the four ‘Reverse’ boxes have anything to do with the Flypad’s calibration switches labelled ‘Reverser on axis’ and ‘Independent axis’ ?

Last question: Once I have MSFS running and my FBW A32NX loaded and powered, do I have to make a new profile in Controls Options for my new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joy stick BEFORE I proceed with calibration? Thank you for any help on this.

The “Reverser on Axis” would be used for a thrust lever that has a separate idle and reverse thrust position. Yours does not, so you should make sure this selection is blank. Otherwise, when you bring your thrust lever back to idle , it will give you full reverse thrust. You will need to map the thrust reverser selection within the MSFS controls to a button on your joystick in order to get reverse thrust.

The “Independent Axis” selection is for separate thrust levers for each engine. You don’t have that, either, so you will want to make sure this selection is unchecked as well.

The “reverse” mappings within the MSFS controls is about mapping the direction of your input device vs the action. It is completely separate from the “Reverser on Axis” in the FBW calibration (which is about reverse thrust).

You should make sure your new joystick is properly set up in MSFS before doing the thrust lever calibration for the FBW A320neo. The following written calibration guide is more up-to-date and comprehensive than that video.
https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/feature-guides/flyPad/throttle-calibration/

1 Like

Many thanks, Sir. Great explanation, it’s concise yet includes everything I need to calibrate my throttle.

Per your suggestion, I looked closely at the FBW link you provided. Given my ‘No Reverser on Axis’ 3D Pro flight stick and its apparent lack of detents, I believed I would be justified in using the FBW Throttle Calibration page’s ‘Thrustmaster TWCS’ instructions with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I did not find it easy to follow along, however; I would have preferred seeing instructions repeated in full for the TWCS set-up. As it was, I had to go back and forth within the instructions page quite a bit and I worked at this a good part of the night.

As my Extreme 3D Pro’s button 4 is mapped to ‘Hold Throttle Reverse,’ I could use that for ‘Throttle Reverse’ but, since have no use for my flight stick’s trigger, I decided I would use that for ‘Brakes.’

I’m sorry I took so long to reply but I wanted to make sure I had everything working well before I did so. It looks like everything is working normally, even if I have not had a lot of time in the aircraft since calibration. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

Hello,
I moved this to the Peripherals category.