FBW announced performance increase

Hello all,

The FBW guys announced, that the next stable release will include a fix for stuttering and low FPS. It is already implemented in the dev version. Great to see, what is going on there!

I can’t reach my computer at the moment, so I would be happy if anyone could report the results after installing the new dev version!

Thanks!

10 Likes

finally decent fps into the cockpit and no more sutter. I tested myself, is much more smooth now. finally and continue optimizing it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

how could you test it? 0.5.3 isen´t out now :slight_smile: ?!

1 Like

I am using the latest dev build with the new avionics build, it runs like a dream

3 Likes

Development version man :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh wow, thanks for the information, i´ll try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same FPS for me but muuuuuuch smoooother! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah in the last video they mentioned there’s an implementation made to reduce unnecessary draw calls if a glass cockpit has no update. Looks like they finished testing it and it looks all good.

It makes me wonder if the glass cockpits in default airplanes can be optimized this way or they are already doing so but still causes a significant performance hit (the refresh rate setting is another inelegant way to reduce draw calls)

3 Likes

I think that whatever they did should be doable too in other glass Cockpits. The A32nx runs better for me than the default A320, which means that ASOBO cam optimize the glass Cockpits even further

1 Like

AFAIK The code FlyByWire team is writing/using is open-source, which means anyone can study and implement them into their own project, as long as they acknowledge FBW and give proper credit.

1 Like

Looks like it definitely helped me on my low end system - up to 5fps improvement, so certainly worth having!

1 Like

Is this in the development version only or is it also implemented in the custom FBW?

1 Like

the FBW version is the current Development-version :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perfect thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Hi there
Fps cockpit identical to the outside view. Clear improvement around
at least 5 fps cockpit inside. Bravo! (Google translate)

2 Likes

A320 now runs like butter for me.

What’s going on Asobo? Please coordinate with FBW on this fix and implement on all default planes.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m looking forward to it, I can’t wait to test it out tonight, great !!!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t see any improvement. I have still this big stutters when flying over premium airports. And fps-wise there is no improvement either for me…

Where can I find this video?

Thanks @EpicPrimus we know FBW are engaging with Asobo now so hopefully this fix was a joint collaboration effort and that we’ll see this rolled out to the rest of the default planes as well. These microstutters in VR are my number 1 issue right now but at least I now know I can fly the Robin DR400 or the A320 :slight_smile: and get smoother performance!

1 Like