FD lateral mode not working with AP OFF on any aircraft!

Submitted Zendesk ticket regarding FD issues. Maybe one more voice from the sim (not game) community will do the trick…

I always report everything to Zendesk, also this one has been reported (a long time ago).

Any chance to have a working flight director in early 2021 ?
Just a message to make go up the topic and add some votes :wink:

1 Like

This FD bug is game breaking for me. It is a shame with such a great looking game, but it is clear that MS and Asobo are focused on eye candy and casual play rather than even basic aircaft systems systems fidelity. I cannot fly MSFS until they get it fixed! Back to XP full time for a while…

There will be an Q&A this month I guess? Should ask them what the plan is regarding serious stuff…

What are you talking about? The flight director lateral bar is guiding you onto the FMS flight plan? Not in my case, the lateral flight director bar keeps commanding wings level no matter the active mode. The Airbus seems to work, as does the CJ4 with the working title mod, all the others don’t.

It does work in real life using heading mode, for me not a single lateral mode is working with autopilot OFF.

I withdraw everything I said I swear the other day I had it following the path without AP on, but just tried it again and nope your completely right it won’t follow without AP.

1 Like

Voting for the dev Q&A for this topic is appreciated!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/when-can-we-finally-expect-a-working-flight-director/351030?u=nijntje91

I hope it will be solve in the next release, it is an important function not working.

We need to lobby for this one somehow, so far its not receiving much attention…

So this was answered? on the Q&A stream. Is anyone else as confused as I am? The guy acted like he didn’t even know what the question was about or in disbelief it is wrong. I’m sorry but I didn’t understand anything that was said about this.

1 Like

I havent test much, but it seems to be working with Working Title"s CJ4

1 Like

I don’t fly that jet at all. But the point is it doesn’t work right on all the vanilla installs.

1 Like

I know
But if they have it working its because its possible, and if Asobo have not found the bug for stock planes they should ask them

1 Like

They should. But…we saw how they asked before rolling this out. Sorry, but my confidence is getting thin here. Nothing against you. How this is a “simulator” is embarrassing. I’m beginning to find that the leaked info before the release last summer is correct.

1 Like

That response wasn’t very satisfying indeed…

Yes like I have been also afraid of the answer…they were surprised…
Having a working lateral FD with AP off should be the basic availaible…
But they are working on it…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.