FeelThere KLGA anyone?

Wow, that is an unusual and impressive level of dedication that is super rare to see, and that indeed will be interesting to follow…

They will be busy…I was at LGA two weeks ago and it is still a total construction mess. Hope FlyTampa releases Boston as well–I use that airport for short flights to NYC all the time and it needs some love.

1 Like

FlyTampa supposedly will be working on Boston for MSFS once they release Athens. At least someone has done Logan’s distinct tower as a freeware mod for d/l on flightsim.to… It helps a LOT for immersion because, basically, that’s the only architecturally distinct part of KBOS…

Thanks. Will definitely check it out.

Enjoy. Here’s the link for everyone’s benefit:

Yup! They updfated KLGA and I got the notification in a e mail. some minor lighting fixes and the seawall is now more true to lift real deal. I think KLGA looks brilliant now. I never heard of FeelThere before but now they are my favorite add on developers💖

Re - KACK, there is a very nice freeware of this airport over on flight sim.to.

I’m doing the same thing. BOS to LGA in the CRJ (wow, lots of letters there) is a fun flight. If I squint, I can make out my neighborhood as I climb out of KBOS. Nice scenery the entire way (since you are only up in the mid-high teens) and LGA has some really fun approaches. My fav is the routing that takes you down the Hudson River at low alt with all of NYC on your left, followed by a 180 into the RWY 31 Expressway visual approach.

Would love high qualityBOS / LGA airports.

1 Like

Purchased the Feel There KLGA. Very happy with it. Huge upgrade over the default airport. Since I fly into LGA quite often (I’m mostly doing shorter Northeast CRJ routes), it’s worth every penny. Now if we could just fix the awful generic jets at the gates and get some realistic AI traffic moving around, I really think this would be “As real as it gets”.

you mean like this…AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

it’s free and amazing!

The pictures of the FeelThere KLGA look pretty good to me, though I’ll defer to the people who own it for real feedback.

I’m personally holding out for Drzewiecki Design to release their New York airports for MSFS, whenever that might happen.
They have stated in their forums that they intend to release most of their existing products for MSFS, although I know that they said that they are holding off on doing KEWR because it is under construction. The same may be true for KLGA, since it is also under construction.

If this addon improves FPS by at least 10fps and at minimum matches default quality then it’s a sure buy for me for $10.

Anyone try it yet?

Curious if AI traffic parking codes are configured better than the default version.

Well I bought it site unseen. It’s in my network of real airports (anything on the west coast) so I’ll give it a go.

Bought it - regret it.

Low-res textures everywhere.
Buildings look like they were done 20 years ago.
Not an improvement to the existing Asobo version.
Compared to other payware airports like EDDN from Fred’s Airports in the same price range, this is a cash grab.

1 Like

That’s a shame. The developer also replied to my question on their Youtube channel and they said to expect performance to be the same as the default Asobo airport, which is horrendous. So there’s no good reason to buy this then

1 Like

I am not surprised .When I saw the screenshots of their La Guardia addon I knew anything they made after will be poor quality.

La Guardia is better in my opinion.
Still miles away from other airports I bought.
Oh, well…

2 Likes

It’s $10, so I’ll give it a go. Report to follow…

My report: it’s not bad for $10, but it’s no FlyTampa scenery.

The strength of the mod is the ground markings/textures, which are very good (as they are in Feelthere’s KLGA as well). Signage is also very good.

The models of the terminal buildings are very good, and better than the Asobo LAX models. I recognize all the quirks of the various terminals (I’ve flown in and out of LAX more times than I can count), and the jetway layout is more accurate (I think) than Asobo’s.

Where it falls down is in the textures and the details. The textures aren’t awful; they’re just okay overall, and some are more FSX-ish. Some are downright puzzling – the glass terminal walls (e.g. Terminal 4) have “interiors” that (a) aren’t part of the model, and (b) are completely out of scale. They also don’t match the jetway model placement; it makes it look like the jetway entrances from the terminal are about 8’ off the ground from the waiting area that’s clearly made for giants. Some of the concrete textures (and LAX is about 90% dingy concrete) appear to be marble textures (possibly PBR, I can’t tell), but not scaled down, so the marbling is enormous. I think it’s supposed to look like the mottled-dirty concrete of the actual thing, but… it looks like gigantic slabs of marble.

Feelthere has modeled and added a lot of the outbuildings in the cargo area, which is good, but not at a high level of detail, which is not as good. There are a number of inappropriate trees showing up for me – but that may be unrelated to this mod. Just noting it for the record.

Another thing I didn’t like: LAX terminals are bi-level, and the spaghetti junction at the east end of the airport that allows transfers between the arrival level and the departure level is one of the distinctive features of LAX (at least from the ground, when you’re in a car being terrorized by insane cabbies and courtesy van drivers… but I digress). The Feelthere terminals appear to be modeled properly as bilevel terminals, but there’s only a single ground-level roadway. So the departure concourse in many of the terminals is hanging in midair with no roadway. I don’t know whether or not it would have been possible to properly model a two-level roadway in the sim – but if it is something that could be done, it should have been done. They clearly put a lot of work into the Theme Restaurant and the control tower, so they do care about the ground-side assets…

As far as performance goes – I can’t say. I use AIG, so LAX is a slideshow for me no matter what due to the 70-odd aircraft present at any given time. It doesn’t seem any worse, at least.

Speaking of AIG – there could have been some solid value added to this LAX if Feelthere had done proper airline gate assignments, but it does not appear that’s been done. I want to see all the Southwest planes at T1, because that’s one of life’s constants. That and the 40-mile long line for TSA screening outside the T1. (Hopefully that’s improved since I left LA 15-odd years ago.) I don’t expect every airport maker to do this, but it’s one way to differentiate your product. Just sayin’.

My final verdict: if you’re VERY familiar with LAX, and the slight errors in the Asobo airport bug you, then by all means spend the $10 if you’re willing to take the texture reduction. Otherwise, you’re probably better off with the stock Asobo airport. The best case scenario would have been combining this add-on’s models and ground texture work ]with Asobo’s overall texturing. THAT would be a great LAX.

3 Likes