Female Pilot to Male in premium aircraft

Why OH why are all the default pilot avatars in these planes female?
Seems a little odd since a good percentage of us are male.

We should be able to choose the gender of the pilot and whether to have a co-pilot or not without having to mod the planes, (in premium aircraft no mods are even possible)

Primarily so I can take screenshots of my trips and at least have the pilot look something like me.

You can change your Pilot and Co-Pilot Avatars in the General Options menu.

Generally speaking, the first pilot selected in the Avatar list is the default Pilot-in-Command or Left Seat Occupant. The second pilot will occupy the Co-Pilot seat. So you can choose what you like.

Yeah, But I want the ā€˜Pilot_Male_Casualā€™ guy. Heā€™s not in the choices.
(ā€˜Cause he sorta looks like me when I was younger.)

And I always fly solo. Thereā€™s no option for ā€˜no co-pilotā€™.

Go into General Options ā†’ Misc

Set your Pilot and Co-Pilot Avatar (correct, you canā€™t select "noneā€™).

Then when setting up a flight, under weight and balance, ensure co-pilot weight is set to ā€œ0ā€ so it does not show up.

Quirk / Bug, you must do this in the world map, if you do it after you click ā€œFly Nowā€ and bring up weight and balance when already in the plane, and then set co-pilot weight to 0, it will not remove the co-pilot.

1 Like

Great, thanks.
Now if I could only find the Male_Casual guy.

He doesnā€™t seem to be on that avatar list.

Isnā€™t the Pilot Male Casual guy is Pilot 1 in the option? Pilot 3 is the Pilot Uniform Male, and Pilot 4 is the Pilot Uniform Female. But Pilot 1 is the one with the casual jacket.

EDIT:

Well, it seems once again that Iā€™m clueless.

Male_Casual guy is indeed Pilot 1.

Editing the weight removes the co-pilot.

Appreciate the help.
Thanks

1 Like

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I saw the option of selecting a pilot, but it still begs the question as to why MSFS would default on a female pilot, given that all polls show this is a hobby with a +90% male demographic?

1 Like

For me personally, thereā€™s this feeling of pride and satisfaction to see a female pilot in the cockpit because of how uncommon it is in the real world compared to male pilots. Otherwise it feels too much of a ā€œsausage-festā€ with an all-male flight crew. So Iā€™ve always set my copilot as female, just to balance it out.