Fenix A320 stops following flight plan at transition way point (flies in right hand circle) bug? Human error?

Greetings! I was hoping to get some insight from all the fellow pilots here and understand better what occurred on my last flight.

I fly the Fenix A320 and have been so since the release. What I’m about to describe was the first time this has ever happened.

I was flying from KDTW- KIND.
Flight plan as follows:

KDTW/ 21R. CCOBB2 ZEGBI DCT LLTCH DCT SJAAY SNKPT 2 KIND/ 05R

I inputted the SID, waypoint and lastly STAR in that order correctly in the FMC. Or at least how I always have.

I have a Navigraph subscription-up to date- up to date AIRAC cycle- also fenix has been up to date with Navdata.

Once I departed I reached the transition waypoint (ZEGBI) and was supposed to hit LLTCH but didn’t.

There was no discontuites in the flight plan and at this point the route showed I was supposed to do a “S” curve like patter. Instead the plane just banked right and went into the right hand circle.

I recovered by going to DIR page and selecting the SJAAY transition which was supposed to be right after LLTCH.

It responded and followed the flight path and so on but totally cut out that LLTCH way point/ never did that “S” curve pattern

Is there something I am doing or did or is this a bug within MSF2020 with the LLTCH way point??
Also, if it helps, I was climbing at a very very slow rate as well. Not sure what was going on there.

Appreciate any input or ideas! Thanks.

This was most likely a glitch in FS2020 as has been reported in many Aircraft. You seem to have nailed the flight plan correctly. Most of the discontinuities get created after you load the STARs and the SIDs and don’t correctly select the transitions. From what you describe, LLTCH was a direct but make sure you check any constraints (altitude/speed) that accompany the waypoint or airway and those are programmed in correctly before you start your flight. Finally, always verify your flight path on the MFD and make sure the path looks correct (which sounds like you did). Did you try flying this again to see if it happens again?

1 Like

Appreciate the response! That was I thinking. I was pretty stumped on what was going on. It was a simple FP and I was very confused t it was entered correctly as I have done more complicated plans in the past and been successful.

I am going to fly the same route today and see if I get that glitch again. As you mentioned, I’ll triple check the constraints/speeds for LLCTH and see if I overlooked anything.

Thank you!

If you get the same result, try KIND-KDTW and see if it happens again :wink: Would be interesting if you didn’t. Keep us updated. Have fun flying! :v:

Well… oddly enough, running the same routes and all everything was fine🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll chalk it up to me doing something/not catching it when I flew it the first time all was fine now hahaha

Thanks again for the input!