Final waypoint loitering?

Is there a way to loiter at the final waypoint with the AP?

Past versions of FS, once you arrived at the final waypoint the AC would circle it until the AP was disconnected. Ive noticed with MSFS it overflys the last waypoint and continues on its last heading

Having real life distractions around the house with family, coming back to the computer only to find Ive over flown the last waypoint and miles away from my intended destination can be very frustrating.

I don’t want to use the AI to fly to and land as I’ve found myself crashed numerous occasions and I rather land the AC my self

Is there a fix or something I’m missing to loitering at the last waypoint destination? Or is there no option to do so?

Thanks in advance

The FMS is working as expected. What you may want to do is load a Missed Approach and loiter in the Hold. This may or may not be possible from an automatic perspective depending upon the Flight Management System you’re using. Currently only the G1000 NXi can do this with minimal manual intervention. That does mean reflying the Approach.

Easier way to do this is to go into keyboard controls and designate two buttons for Set Pause ON and OFF. Set Pause is the closest thing to FSX pause, understanding that simulation time, weather and traffic will continue to progress even though player aircraft is frozen. But your position, speed, altitude and attitude are paused. Do that before your final WP (or even after) come back and finish the flight.

Cheers for the reply, its not really what im after as I need to be at the PC when I get to the final way point to select a missed approach, hold holding pattern or pause

The previous versions that supported loitering allowed me to get up, move around, eat, tend to the kids, shower, etc etc and when I was free again from what ever task I was able to commence the landing if it was loitering.

Unfortunately it sounds like it deosnt support this feature from earlier FS versions. Which is a pity as real life on the spot tasks can take 5 or 60 minutes.

Hopefully one day a coder can make an add-on that supports this for general flying

Just pause the flight?