Finally a fix to missing Controller profiles and inability to save new ones (credit Hanso77)

Credit to Hanso77 for this fix to regain lost custom profiles (for HOTAS and Velocity One Yoke) with a bonus of getting ability to select and control Rolling cache settings.

1. in the Xbox settings do the following:
  2. Settings > System > Storage Devices > Internal Storage > View Contents > Manage > Free Up Space
  3. highlight shrinkable games
  4. highlight Microsoft Flight Simulator
  5. shrink it

Again, credit to Hanso77 because he posted this originally and I discovered it earlier today.

This fix brought back ALL my custom controller profiles (they weren’t actually deleted after all) and now I can create new profiles and save them with no problem.

And as a bonus I finally can select the rolling cache option for the first time in months.

Thank you Hanso77. And I hope this helps others.

3 Likes

Many thanks for (re) posting this. Following this procedure I too got all the old profiles back and was able to save again.

1 Like

I assume this doesn’t work for the cloud version of the game?

Moved to #self-service:install-performance-graphics

flight sim is for me NOT in that section, so for me it will not work… well that means this game is finished for me

1 Like

Doesn’t work for the xCloud version of the game. I have nothing at “Shrinkable games” since MSFS was never installed (and cannot be installed in my Xbox One).

1 Like

Confirming what the friend said. In Xcloud we don’t have control over MSFS storage or cleaning, so any change depends on the Xcloud servers side… So we just have to bang pots for them to fix that part of the control profiles.

1 Like

Thanks, worked great on my VelocityOne Flight Stick on Series X :+1:

Is this fix only good for XBox?