Finally have a bug...big bug! (Stuck at loading screen)

So last night had a great flight and tonight figured to pick up where I left off…nope!
I have a great view of the Paris splash screen, and there it sits, music playing and a cute little rotating “circle of life”.

Couldn’t even close the program, had to go to task manager.
All updates are current
Community folder is empty, I have never added anything to the sim
Tried restarting, no good
Tried rebooting, no good
Tried complete shutdown and restart, no good

Bottom line, nothing has changed from last night, but the sim is stuck

Anyone have any ideas? I have run out of mine!

1 Like

Don’t fully understand.
Are you saying that you cannot boot the PC.

PC won’t restart or shutdown.
Click Start
Click the Power ICON
Click Shutdown

I see you tried them.

Cut off power switch on the Case.
Pull out the power cord from the AC.

Beat tyhe ■■■■ out of it with a sledge hammer… Just kidding.

1 Like

Well it’s sort of a Hail Mary but you could go to settings/apps/Microsoft flight simulator and hit repair if there is such an option. If that fails there is the dreaded reinstall. You didn’t mention what version you have.

Also check your internet connection.

And btw you can always use Alt-F4 to exit the sim.

Hi there,
I adjusted your title so people know what the issue is. You may eventually wish to log a separate bug in #bugs-and-issues .

1 Like

PC boots fine, it’s the sim that is stuck.
Internet conn is also fine, everything is working except the sim

Couple of things I did forget…
When I first started the PC, the MSFS icon was missing from the taskbar, I had to go to the start menu to open the sim and when I started it from there, I got some message I have never seen before about the sim market needing permission to access it, So I clicked ok and the ICON reappeared in the taskbar…it’s never done that before…the sim has run trouble free since day 1, right up until tonight.

I think that means a loss of Internet.

I think so too. Maybe the server is down.

Good thinking. Never thought of that.

Are you on Ethernet via cable/wired or WIFI?

If it is it is on their end, I am in the US and have 3 PC’s all connected and the net is working fine here…
94.4 mbps down here on Xfinity…ether cable

Tks! I may have to log a squak if I can’t get this resolved

You still need to verify your connection to the router, etc
for this one PC that is stuck.

Doesn’t matter if the others are working.

Edit: run speedtest.net from that PC.

I hope you can get it resolved! :crossed_fingers:

94.2 down on that PC…I am going to just let it sit there and run overnight if I have to and see what happens.
Still getting that rotating circle so maybe it is downloading something, but I can’t imagine what!
If I get it resolved I’ll post the solution…thanks all for the suggestions!

OK.

Task Manager “Performance” tab will tell you if it is downloading something.

Good luck.

Success!!! Turns out I did have a file in the community folder… AFC_Bridge… it is to get the lights working on the Honeycomb Bravo throttle…had no idea it was in there. Somehow it got corrupted evidently and when I removed it everything was back to normal.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Fair sky’s and tailwinds!

1 Like

As they say, fly the skies with United.

Good job of sticking with it.

Exactly same happened to me. Lost icon and Community folder empty. Now stuck at MS Store which wants to download full game 171GB - but unfortunately my download speed has dropped to 1Mbit/s (on a 50mb line) so may have to wait a few weeks.
It was fun when it worked, but I have now just given up tying to fix the download speed issue. Wonder if they will refund me?

If you are ready to “give up”, Ok.

If not ready, there is not enough info provided to try to help you.

Symptoms may be consistent with the Update server being unresponsive.

Try seeing if you can reach this image on the Microsoft Azure servers, if you find you experience the continual spinning circle.

https://msfs-cdn.azureedge.net/wp-content/themes/publishing/dist/images/desktop-hero_8711a4cf.jpg

Note: Even if you can get the Image, it does not guarantee that the verification/update server is running, but if you cannot get the image, then it’s probably an Internet/Server fault.

Thanks I would appreciate any help. I have loved flying but after having read everything I could finf online to try fix this I am at my limit.

I even resorted to try and chat with someone at MS support - a major waste of time.

I am based in South Africa and have tried downloading on 2 different ISPs using a 20MB and a 50MB line. Both end up giving me between 0.5 and 1.5MBits/s speed. VPN doesn’t help.

I am at a total loss. Everything worked so well till now (slow download but not this bad).

I have made all recommend changes to Windows and I have a new Ryzen 7 with a Nvudia 2060 and 32gb ram.