Finally some news about a patch

Sorry and thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not a conspiracy theory if there’s hundreds of people experiencing the exact same things… They definitely, PURPOSELY, handicapped the PC version.

What’s really funny about your post… A week ago, people WERE posting about how great the Sim was.

3 Likes

I love how people keep talking about the “Beta”.

The last year WAS the Beta. And we all got suckered into paying $60-100 for it. Just so they could rip the rugs out from underneath us.

2 Likes

I’m wondering what was the use of the beta testing right before the release of SU 5 ?

Haven’t the beta testers been able to catch the bugs and breaks before masobo released the worst patch ever ?

2 Likes

“right before”? It was a 5 weeks beta. The use was to find issues, it does by no means result in all found issues being fixed during the beta as long as there is a deadline for a release (XBox launch).

What makes you think that testers did or did not find the issues you face or even issues that you don’t face because they were found and fixed before it went live?

You’re suggesting that the beta testers did a bad job?
Did you ever participate in any beta of any product that fixed all found issues before going final?

3 Likes

Copper, you’re Gold!

1 Like

SU 5 obviously has the record number of bugs and issues amongst all the previous patches, it’s quite interesting this happens after such a hefty beta testing and reporting.

I feel like I’m quite within my right to question the use of a beta testing after such a botched patch, breaking so many stuff for the sake of a supposedly smooth manhattan flying.

3 Likes

Please fix that annoying menu bar which is always visible.

2 Likes

Again, you seem to not understand how a beta works and what it is and what it isn’t supposed to result in.
The quality of the final does not provide any hint about the usefulness of a beta. So if you didn’t participate just assume that it was useful.

2 Likes

I will agree with that, but only after the sim returns to “usable” status :slight_smile:

The patch news is indeed encouraging!

I miss my regular 12 hours flight in the 787-10 :frowning:

1 Like

You need a new PC and internet and fix your registry

1 Like

I flew the 787-10 from ksea - eham the other day in VR. Tough approach with storm and low visibility

beta testing is one of the best ways of cleaning up before you release a new build and it’s conspicuous that it didn’t work the way it was supposed to, most likely was just a show.

actually, you are right, it hasn’t changed anything considering we the paying pc simmers have been beta testing a sim for an entire year that is expected to end up in a console game.

2 Likes

And it was beautiful, I know

1 Like

Why aren’t you able to fly the 787? You mean you experience CTD?

You’re wrong.

5 Likes

Nope, it was not.

5 Likes

I’m not experiencing CTD but I’m scared that something happens after many hours lol

Working as flight simulator developer is an unthankful job.

Now there’s is performance. As requested.
But now people are in rage about other stuff and some are really rude.

Sure the sim looks a little bit soft here and there now, but maybe this is the price for performance.

0 CTDs. Runs smooth.

5 Likes