First buy - NZ Mesh

So yesterday for the first time I did it, bought a mesh pack

Got the NZ one from Orbx since I love fly there but the initial feedback was underwhelming to say the least; no noticeable difference, lots of morphing

I don’t know if the snow present in the area prevents the mesh textures to come alive, that’s the only thing that came to my mind.

I also tried to turn on the rolling cache and the morph disappeared but still the results were not as expected

Am I aiming my expectations way too up or effects like snow really prevents the mesh to unleash the visual upgrade?

Its not bad at all HOWEVER im not sure if WU7 has effected it. I was flying there last night (PC) and the textures were terrible.

Now I know that the mesh doesn’t really improve textures, but if bing is having issues it will make the landscape morph. There was a small island where I was taking off that was morphing out of the middle of the lake so I think Wu7 has had an impact. Himalayas also had issues.

Have you had many morphing issues in recent days? I’m hoping it’s just server side and things will come good for me. I’m seeing the morph and pop in stuff creeping back in.

I have yeah. Even in Himalayas I had some weird spikes that definitely weren’t there pre WU7 as I fly a lot in that area and in NZ.

Hopefully it is server side. I did drop Orbx a note anyway just incase.

1 Like

I also tend to fly late UK, between 9.30-12.00 and I have noticed issues with clear sky weather, metar and now texture/morphing.

1 Like

I’ll do a quick run to Mt. Cook from Queenstown and see how bad it is.

If you been on the fence on the NZ mesh there is no better time to get it than right now. Orbx meshes are made by a Ukrainian company and Orbx are now waiving all fees to let all revenue go towards the Ukrainians.

2 Likes