First DC-6 Failure, Gah!

Man, that first failure on the DC-6 nearly gave me a coronary!

I finally set the Circuit Breakers to realistic and my first failure was the propeller governor sync breaker popping.

All four engines start racing!

I’m still trying to calm down!

7 Likes

Nice airplane isn’t it!!

1 Like

It is so freaking insane amazing!

I would love more vintage aircraft of this caliber.

4 Likes

Not of the same era, but wait until PMDG releases the 737.
Same quality and fidelity.

1 Like

Believe me, I’ve been following that development like a hawk.

For sure, it is on my buy list.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever had a breaker pop.

Still it’s a lovely aircraft and I agree, we need more like it from the golden age of aviation.

2 Likes

Hmm… makes me wonder if the PMDG 737 will also have a circuit breaker panel and various engine failures like core overheating ITT hotstart ITT overheating core-lock and more interesting stuff.
A jet is way more complex than a prop plane so who knows for sure :wink: we will see…

CV-440, IL-18, Viscount :pray::eyes:

What is also interesting, that I didn’t mention here, is that shortly after takeoff, ATC radioed that they weren’t seeing my transponder any longer.

I inspected it, the light wasn’t flashing. I had to flip the toggle switch to switch to the co-pilot’s transponder and turn it on, which solved the problem.

I never did find a fuse or circuit breaker that could have been the culprit. There is a single circuit breaker labeled “Transponder”, but it wasn’t tripped. If it had been both would be dead.

If this is legit modeling of a systems failure forcing the use of the backup/redundancy unit, then that is some seriously cool realism fidelity.