First impressions on GOTY (SU7) or Reno Air Races

Yes I 100% agree. Have a great evening.

1 Like

Aside from the overdone haze effect that someone else mentioned, the only other issue Iā€™ve noticed so far is that the gigantic cursor is back (XBOX version). A couple of updates back, the developers shrank it considerably, which was much better, but now itā€™s huge once again. Checked all the settings just to see if there was a selectable size or something, but there isnā€™t.

Missed opportunity I will say.
Droncopter (volocopter I mean) is so simplified.
Porter is eghm, itā€™s donā€™t even have basic checklist.
Horntet is one big ā€œnot implementedā€ on MFD.

I hope Reno planes are better.

where is the mentioned wake turbulence in the normal mode

Itā€™s probably just my aging computer but performance seems worse than before. My system is about 4 1/2 years old. I used to run things on high smoothly, but now it stutters a lot. Even sticking with DX11 as the renderer. Or is the high setting the new ultra high setting seeing as they upped the sliders in some places? I did clear my rolling cache like with every update that comes out.

Even running a simple Cessna plane seems to make the FPS dip into the 30s, where it didnā€™t before.

1 Like

after one MP race with the T-6 and it was ok - I was hit by the same plane twice and struck by another once. All 3 times I was pushed to last placeā€¦ not cool when I was the one who was run into. I think Iā€™ll skip the MP stuff. It was fun - maybe with a closed group co-op it would be betterā€¦
The new planes are very nice but why no opening canopy? I understand them being locked closed for the racing but in free flight we need to be able to open those things bruh

1 Like

not here - better performance by about a 5-6FPS average and still on DX11
You do need to check your settings though - the update changed a few here that might have slowed my rig down a bit.
I still donā€™t know why I have screen tearing now - no other update did that to me.

if you get behind a plane in the air races you will experience it -

Do you have a 4 and a half year old machine like I do?

mine was bought last November - and it was not cutting edge, and only 16gigs of RAM
|Processor|Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.70 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|

I have an RTX 2080 SP and Win11 installed

I am finding the Reno races kind of fun, Something different after youā€™ve done a 8hr IFR in a Tubeliner.

2 Likes

It seems the terrain LOD setting in MSFS was the culprit. Even though it was the same as before (100), lowering it to 10 to test made my FPS go back up to 60 FPS. I also turned everything as low as it could go and only adjusted that slider.

1 Like

So much hype for very little actual improvement. I could care less about Reno, or the aircraft they launched. Why not put that time and resource to improving what you already have? Like, fix the Airbus, fix the many bugs in scenery and airports. Fix endless CTDs. Fix the sensitivity settings for HOTAS One. When the most active part of the entire forum is Bugs and Issues, this should be the first sign there is a major issue.

First impressions?

Flew for a couple of hoursā€¦

Bush Trips seem to be fixed at first glanceā€¦
Settings were a bit messed up so I had to re-set a lot of thingsā€¦
Trackir is buggyā€¦
Menu layout is betterā€¦
Performance about the sameā€¦
Visuals donā€™t seem too differentā€¦

Gonna fly some more and see what shakes out.

2 Likes

No. Itā€™s the sign that people usually go to forums to complain about the issues they have.

Thatā€™s not how game development works. There are teams dedicated to that, and teams dedicated to new content. Incidentally, they HAVE fixed a lot of stuff with this patch, including part of the CTDs and infinitely loading airports.

2 Likes

I donā€™t care for the races, but my first impressions are this is a great update. My sim never looked so good. Weather is simply amazing and finally we have correct weather at airports.
Lots of fixes too, no crashes, not a single problem in the few hours Iā€™ve used it. This for me is the best update of them all.

6 Likes

How do you get the Reno air races? When I click buy and download the button simply greys out with purchase in progress. Nothing ever happens after that

The top PC-6 was developed by Asobo, the lower one by Milviz

The PC-6 was not developed by Asobo. It was developed by Hans Hartmann and Alexander Metzger, two of the most veteran and most well-known developers in the flight simulation scene.

And they did a great job.

5 Likes

Really?

Have you even looked at the cfgs that have been delivered with it. Riddled with errors and probably a cut and paste from something like a 208.

No trim gauges which are a fundamental feature of the aircraft

No Lockable tailwheel and no modelling of the internal actuator

Sound pack is appalling, flight model is so dumbed down a guide dog could fly it.

No effective beta phase and no reverse thrust (but thatā€™s another bug)

On the plus side it will look pretty on the apron when there are some decent 3rd party liveries for it

4 Likes