First thoughts on sim update 5

I think the general consensus is that this is a bucket of poo, they need to roll us back. Fix the CTDs and then release a PROPER sim update!

1 Like

I get the feeling as long as the XBox isnt CTD’ing we’re on our own for a month or two.

All efforts are going to be on XBox for the near future, launch was at best meh

2 Likes

Very bad, constant CTDs even in the menus and many many are affected by this

1 Like

Won’t launch at all now.

My mistake. It was the PMS50 GTN750. They issued a new version for World Update V yesterday.

I uninstalled the whole sim because nothing worked properly after the update. Took an eternity until I was even in the sim and I couldn’t really fly because it either stayed stacked while loading and it took an eternity to load. now I’ve uninstalled everything and reinstalling everything. Just sad. Before the update, I was actually quite happy with the sim

2 Likes

I ended up doing a fresh install of Windows 10 last night and started the game download and went to bed. So far so good. Did one quick flight with no CTD. Will have to evaluate more after work. What a P I T A this one has been.

2 Likes

Better performance but lots of CTD.

The new UI of the Menu is just a mess. Two tiles fill my whole screen. This may be fine on a 40 inch TV with a controller as input device, but on my Laptop with a Mouse makes navigating the Menu a real hassle.

1 Like

Can’t fly myself so I’m enjoying that right now

:rofl:

Cant agree more… was generally happy before SU5…a few random CTDs but less than 10% of the time… stutters especially in big cities…at least i can still complete most of my flights with most flights a generally smooth flight…i suspect they knew this major change in coding could potentially be a can of worms for many users…but went ahead for reasons only they know. I have no choice to stay off MSFS for tbe first time after using for a year…until there is fixes or proven workaround to avoid constant CTDs. Sad day for many MSFS users.

2 Likes

What CPU? Someone in another thread was trying to pin it on AMD Ryzens being the issue.

i have a ryzen 3800X and have zero issues with this update, with impressive performance increases (2070 super)

I also had great performance gains, but over the course of 6 hrs, more and more CTDs started to occur to the point I can’t even play it.

1 Like

weird. i flew around nyc for around an hour yesterday (in the h135) and had no CTD.
also did an hour ifr flight with the tbm from lga to logan with no issues.

i only have 2 mods in my community folder (vertigo and h135) and only 1 payware aircraft (mooney).

haven’t played or flown for more than a couple of hours straight since update, so can’t comment on longer duration flights or jumbo jets.

In terms of new features and fps boost, this update is awesome.
However, meantime, the bugs and crashes are massively ruining the gaming experience…
Rather than sim update it is more like a bug update :confused:

1 Like

On a brighter note: XBox got DX12

Even though I highly suspect most are using PCs

@MKASYD787 I think I found your problem.

It’s unreasonable to expect an 8 year-old system that doesn’t even meet the minimum specs for the application, an application that is likely the single most CPU & GPU intensive PC entertainment app in history (so far… one day it, too, will be a has been) to run at all, much less when you put something as complex as the A32NX on top.

That aside, you got a good bump from SU5 that made it at least somewhat tolerable to use. I would concentrate on working on getting a new peecee, and while you’re doing that you can maybe do some flying, or a least use the time to learn the GPS and other systems while you’re working on getting a new (at least new to you) system that can at least run it reasonably.

Ordinarily, I would say build instead of buy, but given the reality we have of GPU availability, you may be better off finding a good SI and using them. Good luck!

Kev

All buttons of panels dont react when I click on it. Buttons or switch become fluo blue color but nothing happen. I remove all addons I had and same problem…

Thanks for tips and help

I see this because of the new cockpit interaction system you can switch back to legacy by going to General settings → accessibility → cockpit interactions and switch to legacy.

2 Likes