First time back in a few months and shockingly bad!?

Indeed. He seems to have great system specs. Enough for 40+ fps avg I’d say.

Question put like this we can only guess what’s going on…

• where at KORD you’re getting 12.6 FpS ? runway ? passenger outlet & buildings ? plane landing ?
  • what frame rate did you have before ?
  • how many months were you gone… what NVidia driver version do you run ?

Set it down to Med/High and LOD 100-120 , TTA , Vsynk on , cap Frames to 30 ~ road traffic 10% , turn off anisotropic filtering , empty Cache and set it to 2 GB , use Cable , and go from there , test it outside a Big city first , you don´t have a 3080Ti … it can take some restarts before everything is in place ~

1 Like

The old sims were all CPU eaters. Bigger and better GFX cards didn’t seem to make much difference.
I wonder what frames I would get in FSX now if I installed it on my current system :slight_smile: Not convinced it would be that high

Ughhh…another one. Update your stuff, clean out your old/incompatible mods, then get back to us. I’m at 56 FPS w/maxed settings(and then some with my render scale) in the FENIX passing over KORD otw to KMSP, and it’s perfectly fine. Why is the first move on these posts to complain instead of seeking out solutions? Yeah…everyone is running at 13 FPS on an unplayable sim. Makes zero sense. New school, I guess…

8 Likes

This is always so easy to say. Why not first ask for help to find out if something is wrong with your configuration? Why immediately point outward?

Curious what happens when you follow the kindly given advice here.

5 Likes

Easier to just blame Asobo :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Too hard to do that. Complaining is easier I guess(being facetious).

2 Likes

OP says LOD 200 :man_shrugging:

:face_with_monocle::thinking::face_with_monocle::thinking:

zero difference, thats whats odd.

i tried the high preset and no better.

Very strange, should check background processes and the ones that are loaded in the flightsimulator.exe tree. You can also check with process monitor/explorer what flightsimulator.exe is doing or other processes.

You can make a filter to only show what you want to include and exclude from showing.

See the topic “Your PC isn’t fast enough for Microsoft Flight Simulator”. Don’t feel bad, everyone is in that club, even those who pretend otherwise by posting screenshots of all settings on Ultra with TLOD 400.

6 Likes

I will check this out, see I’m not very savy when it comes to this so I’m not sure which processes I can terminate!

First of all I would post ALL (GFX for starters) of your settings as has been mentioned. Actual images would be best so we can see exactly what you have set. Also what addons?

You’re not giving people much information - it takes a bit of effort to sort this stuff out and that starts with you to be honest. It’s not going to magically fix itself.

Maybe your disk, but not the your internet connection :wink:

Not sure why peeps quote their huge internet speeds when it’s more about how fast servers dish out the information not how fast it can be received :slight_smile:

4 Likes

But why do we need to do that all the time? Why should i have to constantly tweak, delete and reinstall stuff just to get this working? If it was working fine months ago why doesnt it work now?

Us as consumers are far too laid back about all of this. Personally im furious after the amount of money I have spent on this, I dare not contemplate how much and yet I have a flaky sim that from one day to the next you never know what you are going to get.

Its simply not good enough!

6 Likes

People arent being white knights, they are offering to help but some people like to put more effort into their whining than they do to helping themselves. Flightsims have always been about tweaking to balance performance and visuals. If you weren’t aware of this then perhaps you should have put some effort into some research before you parted with your money.

Flightsims are by nature dynamic so you are rarely going to get the same performance between updates (or between days for that matter). It is in the nature of the beast so you had better get used to it or perhaps move on to something that doesn’t tax you so much.

6 Likes

Spoken like a true Jack.

Absolutely DO NOT AGREE with this at all. Thats just passing the buck onto the player. And dont be so condescending, I’ve been gaming for 40 years across every platform. When i pay for a product I expect it to work, there was nothing in the description that described the need for constant balancing of the system, its just poor development.

“Flight sims have always been like this” Well maybe this one shouldnt be?

8 Likes