FIVE Things That Needs To Be Fixed On Flight Simulator For Xbox Series X!

Today alone I must have had 5 CTD’s whilst trying to film a few videos. Some would come after 20/25 minutes of flying and some would come within 10 minutes.

It’s been happening a lot lately and I have no clue how to fix it. It’s just one of MANY things that I think is wrong with this game…

I’m not a MS fanboy, decades of using Windows has shown that computers crash, my Mac crashes, my Rasbery Pi crashes, its a thing. However, is this CTD issue I keep reading about caused by the sim itself or the third-party add-ons.???

It needs to be defined or blame can’t be apportioned fairly. I disagree with the “not designed for x-box” part as PC forum sections are full of CTD errors as well, probably more so.

I’ve had two CTD’s in 12 weeks, from asking questions, at least one of these were caused by MS server error or overload, it was during the Australia update day. Not had one since and I fly every day, but, I have no third-party stuff, just the Asobo/MS add-ons.

There are tons of bugs that need fixing, but there are tons of bugs in most software, my few years of developing was enough to turn me right off so i gave it up, this was 15 years ago now.

I think for what the x-box costs, maybe £500 compared to a gaming PC of maybe £3000, it does a fantastic job with FS2020, I would not be flying if it were not for the x-box :slight_smile:

We need definition - is it 3rd-party or MS/Asobo causing the CTD’s???

2 Likes

this sounds more like an xbox os problem on the x.
i never had a ctd sofar on xbox series s, as usual milage varies with this sim.
causes are hard to determine.

Post removed by author

I had one CDT yesterday on a landing challenge right before touching down. On an Xbox series S.

The game is full of bugs indeed it can be frustrating to play!

Turn off photogrammetry in the options menu and the game is a million [hyperbole] times more reliable and doesn’t CTD, especially on approach.