Fix the premium airports please!

Well said!

There are a number of airports that need work. KPHX for one. Couple of taxiways have huge bumps in them that will crash your plane. A couple of the parking gates are in the middle of a building.

What about all the traffic on taxiways, in 500ft i collected 4 cars at Schiphol.
A lot of ‘simple’ fixes in my eyes are so overlooked. Indeed paid a lot of extra money for this

I foolishly assumed that although the premium airports and aicraft were apparently rushed to get MSFS released, they would be fixed as a matter of some priority, but how wrong I was. It’s as if MS and Asobo took my extra money as a donation and just left the premium content pretty much as released.

5 Likes

Yeah, I happily reported all glitches I found including detailed explanation, images and exact coordinates.
Support complimented how clear it all was.

Than a couple of days later they said it possibly was autogen, but they picked it up in their internal bug tracker. Then they left it as is for 5 months now?
(despite me commenting back that no this is in fact premium content)

Oh how naive I was in the first 4 months.

Don’t forget we have received four world updates that were free, and added a lot of improved content to the sim. And if you don’t want to pay for a new plane you don’t have to.

I see your point but there is a principal here and I firmly believe Asobo have pulled a page right out of the 3rd party devs :poop: tricks handbook here. Free content is free content for everyone, from the Game Pass guys through to Standard Edition and onto the Premium Deluxe buyers. Whilst I absolutely applaud Asobo for creating the updates etc and adding them to the sim for free for all users (honestly they’re great as far as I’m concerned) , it still doesn’t change the fact that a lot of people paid the same price for the additional content as they did for the actual sim itself, and to just shove that on a shelf and then say ‘you can buy this new aircraft from us’ is a bit rich.

Can you imagine the uproar on here if they didn’t have, oh, say Working Title on board, the Garmin’s were still underdeveloped needing work and they then offered a payware functioning Garmin suite for sale? Bit of a duff example but I hope you see the point.

I’d be disappointed in anyone angling or demanding for payware quality with the additional airports, or study level for the aircraft because that would just be wholly unrealistic to expect, but putting right what should be put right with a lot of of the Deluxe/Premium content isn’t a big ask and really should be a priority before they start offering other additional content for sale.

I mean, they havn’t put right the initial content they sold, so that’s not a solid foundation or reputation from which to try selling more really. It’s the stuff of 2nd/3rd rate make a quick buck developers. I know this microlight is only 9.99 (think that’s what Jorg said) but it’s the principle of the matter and it’s sent out a really bad message as far as I’m concerned. :+1:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Be patience, incursions in taxiways is another thing to do on the TO DO list of asobo (see homepage) :wink:

Minor bugs really. These are not $20 per airport sceneries so imperfections are going to be there. That being said I am so happy I bought the standard version.

We’re not talking about imperfections but about breaking bugs. If you randomly crash while taxiing, that’s not an imperfection.

Considering how “well” their support for premium/deluxe content was, you’d be a fool to buy that aircraft.
It’ll be encrypted as well and if the quality is the same, it’s just not worth it.

And while I might be wrong here regarding that coming plane (given its simplicity), I think Asobo/MS need to earn trust from their most loyal customers who spent twice the money ending up with content that is partially unusable for various reasons.

Sure, we got other airports in the meantime, but my buying decision for the PD version was based on what I’d get in it, not what possibly some world update might provide.

5 Likes

Buildings on taxiways like Schiphol. Holes in taxiways on KDEN.
Not one finished airliner completely working as it should do and then accepting a free 3th party A320 as a much better version as their own. The boeings are a disaster really.

Graphicwise the best Sim there is, but i expected much more from the premium version then this

I think this point is debatable since everyone has their own expectation about how it should do.
But at least having the aircraft follow some realistic performance and POH numbers, working mixture (talking about the DA62) etc.

At the very least, glaring bugs should be corrected especially since all these contents are encrypted and cannot be fixed by the community.

1 Like

The OP has a very good point, “simple” fixes are going left unfixed and unanswered for months, case in point the POI Rendering issue which has been completely ignored for months and yet the community found and “fixed” the issue so quickly, why can’t Asobo? It’s poor form simply put.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/poi-very-late-rendering-draw-pop-in-solution-for-asobo-to-fix-in-this-thread/368281

I sent a mail to jorg regarding this.
It’d be great if the community managers can make sure this is being read? (@Jummivana )
(it’s called “Premium Deluxe airports being neglected?”)

I understand bugs like this have to go through the Zendesk, but as I said before it is not OK that the guys fixing this have been ignoring it for 5 or 8 months and they are at the same time being put on world updates, that this time will likely be released ahead of schedule.

In the mail I also said I’d happily make a list of all glitches at premium airports including description, image and coordinates. Perhaps we can start working on that already? You can send your issues to me and I set it up in an Excel file. :slight_smile:

Look, let’s put it this way, in the game there are 36000 and + airports,
we know of someone, but who knows how many reports in Zendesk they have (I will have made a 40’s :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:),
in truth I don’t know how to manage such a thing :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m only talking about premium handcrafted airports though. Things we paid extra for.
That’s what, 10 airports? A total of 40 if you include the handcrafted airports from the standard version.

Of course the autogen airports have issues, and these need to be addressed.
But these premium airports end up being better if you delete them. How is it acceptable that we pay €60 for that?

On this you are absolutely right, it is right to say “what you did you fix it first”,
we agree, I only suspect (and hope) that they are looking for a solution that is valid for everything,
otherwise you know what work comes out (36000) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I doubt handcrafted airports are affected in any way by a change in the algorithm for autogen airports. :wink:

I don’t think anyone suggested it would. Interactions between two different providers of the same airport does though, and one of them has to go. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

this one.

1 Like