[FIXED 1.13.17.0] World Update 3 has broken flight dynamics, exhibit A

I just tried the C208, without mods, and flew it as I would normally. As soon as I brought in the first notch of flaps, the nose pitched up massively, and I lost about 50kts. Well into the red but did not stall. I had to trim downwards, and throttle up to gain control of that. Second notch of flaps wasn’t so bad, but I trimming down, rather than up was what I ended up doing. In the end I came in at around 50kts, much slower than I normally would, and even then it floated.

I’m going back to the 172. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup. Same deal here. I don’t even like the C208. Never did. Bulky for me and no retractable gear… Plus you really have to adjust your power down to not over-torque it.

Thank you! I will try that on a Baron when I land in Dublin in about 40 mins… :wink:

I didn’t fly it a lot, but I always enjoyed it when I did. Quite a different beast to the 172/182. I wouldn’t bother now. It’s fine in the air, but landing is just doesn’t feel right any more. I did a flaps up takeoff, and did that easily, as if I had flaps down. Very odd feeling, like a completely different plane, and not fun at all.

Fortunately the 172 still feels okay.

1 Like

It seems turbo props are the only ones effected by the changes made this update but I straight up say I have not tried all planes only the Cessna 208 and the King Air. There are major issues with how these planes now fly now but is also major issues in how this community discuss problems. There are replies to this thread from people who have an opinion trying to fanboi the issue and forbid anything bad to be said on the state of the sim without even flying the planes discussed. Also there are those who are oh well I don’t fly or like that plane so there is no need to address the issues. A quick quality control on updates whould have shown this is an issue and should be fixed before releasing it. Fly these planes in a full start to finish flight before commenting and if you don’t care if there is an issue then don’t post to say you don’t care or fly them.

1 Like

Yes finally. Mine sounds even more extreme than all of this. Every single aircraft is acting very odd and are impossible to fly.
Flap extension causes all aircraft to fly like helicopters and pitch up inducing 6000-12000ft/m climb rates even when attempting to pitch and trim fully down.
Unable to maintain centre line with full opposite rudder aircraft still leaves runway.

Speed won’t increase past 120 knots with any flap selected and climb performance is terrible. Wow does it descend though! How can they get it soo wrong!!

It’s quite funny as all I’ve wanted to do for the last month of owning the game is complete a single flight from Gatwick to Amsterdam and I thought I’d finally get a touch down tonight after dozens of times trying. But no! on approach put out some flap and boom climb 6000f/m guess I’ll have to wait for the next “fix”…

The same here! Heli sim :crazy_face: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So, today my landing with A320 (1st flight after update) ended with stopping aircraft at end of the runway and touchdown was at 2/3 instead at start is fault of sim physics. Vref was 136 and Vap 141, but plane continue to float even at 100 kts, when speed dropped to almost 80 kts it start to descent. I thought it was ground effect.

I wonder will those developers make one update and fix things but not wreck another. I am civil engeneer and compare with my job, it will be like I build house, 1st windows are bad, than I fix windows but than I mess up roof, latter fix roof but mess up doors…

4 Likes

I cant understand ! Hope there come an Hotfix. Not update in one or two month… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

So far I tested the TBM 930, Baron G58,Cessna 172 and 152.

I can feel the stronger ground effect, and it takes a little moment to get used to it. But overall it’s okay and I don’t have any difficulties. Landing is even easier and feels more realistic to me.

Maybe not all installations are the same. I noticed during earlier updates that there seems to be strange dependencies between different planes. In my case I run a quite minimal installation with only the planes installed I sometimes want to fly.

3 Likes

I ran an interesting test with the 152.

With zero wind in clear skies, pressure 29.92 I attempted to stall the aircraft. I applied 10 degrees positive attitude. The aircraft did the following:

1. Airspeed reached 35kts IAS before stall warning sounded
  2. Aircraft reached zero IAS and did not produce a wing drop or normal stall behaviour
  3. Aircraft continued to sound stall warning and descended at 800fpm (constant) at zero IAS

As a PPL holder I can tell you I should have been falling out of the sky in a spin at this point, but all I experienced was a gentle 800fpm decent.

Edit: Wings remained level the whole time without yoke input

Very odd indeed!!

4 Likes

Has anyone tried entering a spin on anything?

Given that the 787 seems to be the only aircraft that has benefited from the flight model changes, and all others seem to be broken to varying degrees, may I suggest Asobo issue an immediate hotfix with the following logic:

If aircraft == 787 use new flight model physics
else use pre-world update III flight model physics

That would get most of us back in the skies again. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Try a stall with power off at 1g, keep the stick full back and you’ll be able to fly all the way down to the ground this way, fully controlled. You can keep using the ailerons, even using full aileron deflection to rock the wings from left to right won’t cause a wingdrop. During a stall in climbing or descending turn the correct wing (if any) doesn’t stall, when applying a little bit of power the aircraft immediately dips (I assume this is supposed to be torque effect, too strong and often in the wrong direction). The stall characteristics are broken for some time already, not sure which update caused that.

2 Likes

With or without flaps? The changes in core sim aerodynamics only affect flaps and ground effect - the aircraft behavior with flaps up should be no different than before the update.

2 Likes

Similar experience here. Flying several planes - all affected. Especially A32NX. Plane glides and climbs on slightest flare at landing. Feels very unrealistic at moment. Strange movement off centre on runway once landed. Autopilot descents and climbs seem a bit strange as well. I love the sim but please help fixe these ASAP as I’m not really enjoying landing right now! Thanks

So tired of every updated breaking something essential that should have been caught in testing.

I think I’m gonna ground the sim for a couple of months and hope for some improvements in quality control. Not fun anymore…

3 Likes

Ah the stall test was without flaps so that’s likely not caused by this update. Even so it’s an obvious bug that needs addressing.

I did run another test in the same conditions a few moments ago.

1. On the ground lined up, flaps extended one notch. Default weight settings
  2. Applied full power and back pressure strait away.
  3. Aircraft lifted off the ground at 20kts … with zero headwind

I was laughing HARD :joy:

1 Like

I think that they messed up the ground effect, they did some changes to it

Looks like they gave you a helicopter disguised as a 152

1 Like