[FIXED] Boeing 747-8 & Robin DR400 - Pre-flight cinematics not working

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes/No (no difference)

Brief description of the issue:

The pre-flight cinematics are not working with the Boeing 747-8 and the Robin DR400 when starting a flight in the air. It is controllable immediately before having to click the “Ready To Fly” button.
Furthermore, when selecting an arrival airport and starting in the air in its vicinity, clicking “Ready To Fly” will reload the flight and put the aircraft on the ground.
Still occurring with the newer 1.25.5.0 build. Confirmed not a problem with the XCub, TBM 930, DA40, DA62, VL-3, Porter, G58, G36, King Air and C172.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Select the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental or the Robin DR400/100 Cadet as the aircraft.
  2. Begin a flight in the air. The Paris discovery flight is a good example.
  3. Select an arrival airport to reproduce the behaviour seen in the second video.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I wonder … did you install the beta then go back to SU8? I have issues with ‘Fly Now’ not disappearing which sound very similar to this. Turns out I had left the beta and the downgrade process is not quite right. Reinstalling the SU9 beta fixed it.

No, I did not revert after installing this beta. I understand that reverting to Sim Update 8 would require a full redownload, but since I have an extremely slow connection, going back to Sim Update 8 and then reinstalling the beta is not something I can try unfortunately.

I have fully reproduced this with the 747-8. Loading from the world map to perform an approach with only arrival airport set, I am placed in the cockpit at the ‘ready to fly’ screen and the aircraft can be controlled - previously it would show the cinematics of the aircraft in the air.

If I actually click ready to fly it then continues loading and places the aircraft on the ground at the airport rather than on the approach.

1 Like

You are correct, I tried the Boeing 747-8 and it exhibits the same behaviour. I will edit the topic to include it and the arrival procedure in the report.

1 Like

Can confirm this is fixed with today’s 1.25.7.0 update.