FIXED by RSG. No more CTD when launching with RealSimGear Device Interface 1.6.2

Not quite. There’s a new beta from msfs. And that’s not working for me still, but for Monica it is.

Ahh ok thanks I got it confused what the new beta is.

The latest on this bug is that RSG meant that Asobo should fix this, but Asobo isn’t inclined to do so. Now RSG is looking for a solution.
At least they are able to reproduce this bug.

2 Likes

For me the same, I got my brand new G1000 RSG Suite, but unfortunately one day after the SU9.
Meanwhile, I can start the sim, but the keys and knobs are not working.

Darn! I’m still looking for this suite. Not available in Europe. At least I’m in no hurry now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way. Do you use popout manager for your screens? Works like a charm!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the hint, I will try that out.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes I experienced same issue exactly after updating it seams that rsg plug in causing the crash I disconnected the g530 and g430 usb and game started working I plugged back USB’s game crashed again

Please show me how to disable plug in permanently

You can remove the lines from your exe.xml file.

Just want to chime in here.

Own the Real Sim Gear 430 and 530, after latest update from Asobo with them plugged in and RSG plug in for them installed with latest firmware for hardware and software used or not, sim crashes at about 75% load when its trying to load these add-ons, its definitely this, have narrowed it down to this by trial and error via Community folder removal and adding back one by one, this has been going on a while now, its most discouraging and extremely disappointing.

A while back Asobo stated they would be working more closely with add on partners for third party gear, so what’s happened?

Have bean reading Asobo have said its their problem, they should fix it and even RSG say the same, why cant you both work together please?

All this expensive third party peripheral hardware sitting here and absolutely useless, its too bad, really is :frowning:

Get it sorted please, updates are great Asobo, but when they always break legacy stuff of your own and third party stuff it gets quite annoying.

Please do not hide or delete this post admins here, that’s not helping, this is important please, have been polite, no need for that.

Thanks and I hope to see a hotfix very soon.

3 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

As OP and with all RSG peripherals in my case GNS and 530 and updated to latest firmware and latest plug in, all correctly installed, also correct loading procedure, FS2020 crashes to desktop about 75% load, perhaps 60%, around that region.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Windows 11 latest, bang up to date, ltests chipset and graphic drivers.

Specs are

AMD 5950X CPU not overclocked and watercooled, not overheating, everything else works fine.
Nvidia RTX 3090 GPU not overclocked and well cooled
64 GB DDR 4 3600 ram at stock timings, problem occurs with 32 GB too.

No mechanical HD usage, all new high performance SSD drives

Its not my hardware.

I don’t think you need any more screen shots, mine are the same as others

Thanks

Here’s the latest from the RSG-team
“Our team continues to investigate this issue and are working on a fix to our Add-on that essentially works around the broken SimConnect process. I dont have an ETA on when that might be available. Until such time, you can still use our Add-on, you just have to stop it from auto starting by removing the exe.xml file or simply moving the RealSimGear folder out of the Community folder. Then start our Add-on manually (RealSimGear\bin\RealSimGear.exe) after you have loaded into the aircraft. And yes, SPAD is an alternative if you choose to go that route. Its also quite likely that when we release the fix for our Add-on, it will also contain support for L:Vars.”

I will test again if this works for me. The last time I only changed the ‘disabled’ to true in the exe.xml. Possibly it’s more stable to just eemove the whole rsg-entry. That’s the recipe @Monica1161 follows (amd also the rsg recommendation).

Good luck all and don’t go back to the main menu with the tool still running, because: ctd. You’ll have to stop it from the task manager.

1 Like

I stated the same type of info and got banned. We need to upvote this

1 Like

I strongly feel that Asobo refuses to deal with this issue due to money. They make nothing off RSG but work closely with those who line their pockets. Look at PMDG for example. They stop what they are doing to help them but flip RSG the bird.
I have about $15,000 tied into my home cockpit. Including the G1000 Suite. The RSG gear has been rendered useless and no one cares. It’s frustrating to be treated this way.

2 Likes

Well, it looks like it is getting dealt with, not by Asobo but by RSG, and hopefully soon.

Just wish Asobo and partners could communicate and test more closely though please during updating process, it seems every time now its one step fwd and two steps back.

Please sort it out Asobo, your promise on day one release was to support third party, not play pass the buck game when problems arise.

1 Like

Hi Ghostly frend, that’s an interesting workaround fix.

Thanks for this but you probably shouldn’t have even mentioned it, it will be considered a permanent fix ritual by some and there is no way I and many others are going to do that, just to get things working, each flight and multiple reboots … its nonsense.

Thanks all the same for fix temp though, but each Asobo update, we should not need to go looking for latest hardware or other temp fixes, something always gets broken and this philosophy needs to change.

Why cant they just all work together? it was a VERY big Asobo promise from the beginning and I can quote them on that if necessary.

We are trying to link both parties here. It’s no use assuming things and striking a harsh tone now. The people are trying to sort it out. And there seems to be a (somewhat tedious) workaround. I’ve no time to test it now, I’m afraid.

Can we consider this an official reply, or your own opinion?

Its beyond nonsense now the things that keep getting broke, each new upgrade by Asobo who are supposed to be working closely with third partys.

To put things in perspective, my RSG GNS 430 and 530 cost quite a bit of money … I live in UK and was stung with import fee’s too, and I know that’s neither here nor there, but it was a massive investment in the Simulations future, all the same, the hardware works in FSX and P3D, it should be able to work in FS2020 now as a sort of basic requirement … No problems ever in X Plane apparently and we need to learn lessons from that.

I really do feel sorry for the RSG RealSimGear G1000 Suite owners, very expensive gear and impressive too, but currently they have same problems i do :frowning:

Not happy at all.

I’ve tried this but none of the buttons work except for the CDI button. Hopefully they get this fixed soon. Been away from simming for the last 3 months and come back and I can’t use my GNS 530 unless I use it in Xplane 11.

Sorry to hear. I only know from @Monica1161 that it seems to work.